Tutorial: How to connect to iPhone Cake's IRC (Chat Room) , getting an IRC Software and using useful IRC Commands! by Auroratic (IC Moderator)
Please rate me for the work. Thank you for being generous!
So I'm sure this will be useful to allot of you. If you want to chat with us staff for instant help or talk to other people, you can always connect to our IRC (Chat Room).
It is very easy to do... Ok so lets get started
Click the pictures to see them bigger and better.
1. The first thing to do , is to go to this link.
https://qchat.rizon.net/Paste it in the address bar in your browser and hit enter.
2. Once in the login page, you will see 4 filed you will need to enter . Fill the spaces like the following :
Nickname : (Use any name you want , preferably your forum name ) Channel : #iPhoneCake (It has to be exactly like this.. with the # too!) Password : (Leave it blank for now) Auth : None(Picture 2)
OPTION : If you just logged in for a quick chat , no need to register , but if you you will use it regularly I recommend you register.
3. Ok now click "Connect". Once in you will be prompted to register the email address you are using . (Use a real one as you will need it for a confirmation code). (Picture 3)
4. After that , it will ask you for a password. (Remember this as you will need it later on)(Picture 4)
5. Following that , it will ask you to enter the code sent to your E-mail account , if you cannot see it in your Inbox , make sure to check your spam. It might take some time , but usually it is sent instantly. Put the code in and press "ok". (Picture 5)
6. Next I recommend you log out from the Chat Room by re-refreshing your page and pressing "Ok" when a box pops up saying that you will disconnect from the server .
Now in the login screen enter the following details :
Nickname : (The same one you used before) In my case its Auroratic Channel : #iPhoneCake Password : (The Pass you registered with) Auth : NickServ (I recommend NickServ as it identifies you by your nickname)
7. Click "Connect". Now that you are in the server, you can type on the white strip box on the bottom of the page. (Picture 7)
Useful IRC Software for those who will use it regularly . ( No need for browser plus more features)
/join<#room name here>
will let you join a channel of you wish
is an action message
this will open a private 1-1 chat what the nick name you entered, or simply double click their name.
Until then thats it. Rep/rate me as always
Over and Out ,
Auroratic (IC Moderator)