Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to connect to iPhoneCake's IRC (Chat)! [Auroratic's IC Tutorials]

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Auroratic

Auroratic

Since April of 2013

• iPASTORE
  • 1,434 posts
  • Twitter:@GTXAuro
  • LocationAppCake Community
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 5, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7+, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6
[i=s] Post Last Edit by Auroratic at 2013-7-17 11:30 [/i]

Tutorial: How to connect to iPhone Cake's IRC (Chat Room) , getting an IRC Software and using useful IRC Commands! by Auroratic (IC Moderator)

Please rate me for the work. Thank you for being generous! ;)
So I'm sure this will be useful to allot of you. If you want to chat with us staff for instant help or talk to other people, you can always connect to our IRC (Chat Room).

It is very easy to do... Ok so lets get started

Click the pictures to see them bigger and better.

1. The first thing to do , is to go to this link.
https://qchat.rizon.net/
Paste it in the address bar in your browser and hit enter.
Posted Image

2. Once in the login page, you will see 4 filed you will need to enter . Fill the spaces like the following :
Nickname : (Use any name you want , preferably your forum name )
Channel : #iPhoneCake (It has to be exactly like this.. with the # too!)
Password : (Leave it blank for now)
Auth : None
(Picture 2)
Posted Image
OPTION : If you just logged in for a quick chat , no need to register , but if you you will use it regularly I recommend you register.

3. Ok now click "Connect". Once in you will be prompted to register the email address you are using . (Use a real one as you will need it for a confirmation code). (Picture 3)
Posted Image

4. After that , it will ask you for a password. (Remember this as you will need it later on)(Picture 4)
Posted Image

5. Following that , it will ask you to enter the code sent to your E-mail account , if you cannot see it in your Inbox , make sure to check your spam. It might take some time , but usually it is sent instantly. Put the code in and press "ok". (Picture 5)
Posted Image

6. Next I recommend you log out from the Chat Room by re-refreshing your page and pressing "Ok" when a box pops up saying that you will disconnect from the server .

Now in the login screen enter the following details :
Nickname : (The same one you used before) In my case its Auroratic
Channel : #iPhoneCake
Password : (The Pass you registered with)
Auth : NickServ (I recommend NickServ as it identifies you by your nickname)

(Picture 6)
Posted Image

7. Click "Connect". Now that you are in the server, you can type on the white strip box on the bottom of the page. (Picture 7)

Posted Image

Useful IRC Software for those who will use it regularly . ( No need for browser plus more features)
mIRC.

Usefull Commands
/join<#room name here>
will let you join a channel of you wish

/me
is an action message

/msg
this will open a private 1-1 chat what the nick name you entered, or simply double click their name.

Until then thats it. Rep/rate me as always

Over and Out ,
Auroratic (IC Moderator)

Tool

Tool

Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 89 posts
    • :
Thanks for this, you could also use pidgin.im to connect to IRC.

Auroratic

Auroratic

Since April of 2013

• iPASTORE
  • 1,434 posts
  • Twitter:@GTXAuro
  • LocationAppCake Community
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 5, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7+, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6
Thanks Tool Yes. But mIRC for sue its No.1 or 2 Best in the world :) Whoever wants it PM';s me Ill give it for free. since usally you need to buy it

CrackFX

CrackFX

Caker

• IC Uploader
  • 83 posts
    • Time Online: 7h 27m 47s
  • LocationCanada
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 5S, iPad 3, iHave a PC
  • Donations:BitCoin: http://bit.ly/1rLY633
    PayPal: [email protected]
Thanks, this helped.