Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Things just got more dramatic for JB!! Geohot Audio record!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,625 posts
    • Time Online: 191d 19h 51m 45s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

OK,

Can't verify the source of this audio, the poster claims the one selling the exploit in the record is Geohot:

This audio is posted by a Chinese hacker, here is the source:http://weibo.com/202...u?mod=weibotime

The following is a translation from that Chinese source:

Source: http://www.mediafire...j20hs7as4mx.jpg

So the rumor is:

Geohot joined the iOS7 jailbreak, and offer selling the expoit to a Chinese company for $450k. But that campany was approching to evaders for the expoit, and willing to pay $600k.

So evaders released the JB tool without Cydia included. (the one you installed is not the official version).

What you guys think?? :D

Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 35 posts
    • Time Online: 16h 45m 1s

Wow. Interesting to see where this will go. I just wonder is it at all a good idea to install a closed source jailbreak. Not that I trust apple, but I also don't trust shady chinese companies.

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,625 posts
    • Time Online: 191d 19h 51m 45s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

well, the jailbreak is still valid. so no prob with evasion7

Locophone

Locophone

IC L.E.G.E.N.D

• AppCake Manager
  • 31,259 posts
    • Time Online: 177d 16h 57m 42s
  • Twitter:@locophone
  • LocationGermany
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPad Mini, iPad Mini with Retina, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Pro Mini, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9
  • Donations:DOGE: DCQ1LnV2TKknMhCqynxbtPFwCGLWiXQ66m

http://gdeluxe.com/e...stole-and-sold/

MONGOLO

MONGOLO

Un-Certified Troll

• IC Trusted User
  • 977 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 10h 30m 26s
  • Twitter:@M0NGOLO
  • LocationtheHub
  • Facebook:i use myspace
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iHave a PC
  • Donations:BTC 1AE1fiQ4kjxkDf6ZZTrLXwhxvSsBAPDR4y
wow, this is all so suspensfull. at least we know that ios7 job is here to stay. can't wait for appsync and hopefully also something to bypass the activation lock

I don't think the jail break was stolen, cause I think the evaders would have said something. according to then they made a deal with Tait, no theft there ( except the cracked apps)

Mentalpen

Mentalpen

Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 39 posts
    • Time Online: 4m 13s

Evad3rs got a offer off TaiG and they informed SauikIT. SaurikIT tried to get a deal with other companies but Evad3rs stuck with TaiG.

They then got wind that SaurikIT was working with another group that were going to put out a JB (presumably using the same exploits) before Evad3rs.

They diceded to jump first and get it out there and then let the community catch up with compatiable tweaks etc in the hours and days after the release.

Locophone

Locophone

IC L.E.G.E.N.D

• AppCake Manager
  • 31,259 posts
    • Time Online: 177d 16h 57m 42s
  • Twitter:@locophone
  • LocationGermany
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPad Mini, iPad Mini with Retina, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Pro Mini, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9
  • Donations:DOGE: DCQ1LnV2TKknMhCqynxbtPFwCGLWiXQ66m

money makes the world go round :(

Guest_Stevles_*

Guest_Stevles_*

Closed iOS7 JB keeps those pesky Apple workers from countering it as fast.

I'm all for it.

MONGOLO

MONGOLO

Un-Certified Troll

• IC Trusted User
  • 977 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 10h 30m 26s
  • Twitter:@M0NGOLO
  • LocationtheHub
  • Facebook:i use myspace
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iHave a PC
  • Donations:BTC 1AE1fiQ4kjxkDf6ZZTrLXwhxvSsBAPDR4y
if there was open source jailbreak surely, someone would make a version of the jailbreak that bypasses the activation lock , and potentialy to profit from it....but hey at least somebody would bypass it.. so many people are scammed into buying bricked devices....
..and yeah it would let Apple quickly patch it so that's why it won't be done...
as for what evaders did taking the money.. come on guys it isn't that big of a deal... it isn't criminal or anything ... and potentially thus can be a way to start alternate legit appstore that sell apps that aren't availabe the appstore. cydia sells some apps, but it is mostly tweaks.. as for appsync .. c'mon.. it doesn't use mobilesubstrate so that really isn't an advancement.. and it is very unlikely it contains "Chinese malware"... most likely when mobile substrate is fixed .. the other appsync will work, but really I think not relying on it is a big advancement.

just my view