Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iphone stuck in a "safe mode" of sorts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

tornado711

tornado711

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 5 posts
    • :
  • LocationMars

My iphone froze up so I held the power and home button till it brought up the apple logo like I usually do when it freezes. Except this time it brings me up to the white background that says "hello" like when you first start up a new iphone. And it wants me to go over the whole odd setup process again and above it says "exit safe mode" and I press this and nothing happens so I do the process again of holding the power and home button. It still brings up the hello screen. How do I fix this and get back to normal iphone home?

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,635 posts
    • Time Online: 192d 5h 22m 29s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

I never see this before, but I recommend you finish the process and see..

Auroratic

Auroratic

Since April of 2013

• iPASTORE
  • 1,434 posts
  • Twitter:@GTXAuro
  • LocationAppCake Community
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 5, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7+, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6
Hmm. Can you turn off the phone normally ? Then try reboot again. If you cant , connect to your PC/Mac and go to DFU mode Then restore.. Make sure you dont have incompatible Cydia App . If needed do the jailbreaking process again Sent from Auro's iPhone

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 5h 9m 30s
  • Twitter:cosmicaln1nja
  • Locationthe UK
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPhone SE, iPad Mini, iPad 4, MacBook Pro
  • Most used iOS:iOS 8

Did you try using semi restore?

Possibly, and just possibly. Have you tried getting it back to the Apple logo and then holding volume up. This will boot it into safe mode. I know you said it wants to exit safe mode but this sounds like some tweak gone horribly wrong.

The volume up safe boot up disables mobile substrate from being loaded, therefore allowing you to delete any tweaks you may think could have caused this.

iApplePr0

iApplePr0

Not a n00b!

• IC Trusted User
  • 55 posts
    • Time Online: 19h 46m 37s
  • Twitter:@iApplePr0
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5S, iPad Air, MacBook Air, iMac, iHave a PC

If you're problem still continues, you can still backup with itunes. Restore via iTunes and then jaibreak once again. I know it sucks, but sometimes if you install tweaks that are not supported with the device's firmware it could go haywire. 

• hotsjf likes this