Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Installing IPA's downloaded in safari

Best Answer Wise , 06 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

Sorry for the double post. I figured it out after some tinkering. For anyone interested in doing the same you have to download the app with safari (you do not need a download manager. Just hit the download button and it will do it, though it doesn't have a screen saying it is. You will notice the loading wheel spinning in the top left corner of the screen.) when it is done it will load a new web page showing it had finished. Either open it in ifile or find where it saved using ifile. Then cut and paste it into the folder that your appcake ipa's download to. Open appcake and it should be there in your downloaded category. You know the rest. Thanks a bunch for the help Auroratic, I had kind of given up until you spurred me on saying it could be done in ifile. If I were to have to use a computer to load the games I might as well have paid for the apps because most computers in hostels and guest houses here require you to pay to use them. Merely a dollar and hour or so, but when downloading on slow internet those hours add up. Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Wise

Wise

Pro Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 122 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 20h 44m 12s
  • LocationChanges too often...
  • Facebook:Never had one...
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPad Mini, iPad 1, iHave a PC
I have a very hard time downloading anything larger than 400 mb in appcake, I believe due to the slow internet I find everywhere I go. Is there any way I can download an app in safari using the iphonecake website's links and install it without the use of a computer?

Auroratic

Auroratic

Since April of 2013

• iPASTORE
  • 1,434 posts
  • Twitter:@GTXAuro
  • LocationAppCake Community
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 5, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7+, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6

The closest you can go is searching for "Safari Download manager" or Download Plugin for Safari from Cydia .

If you manage to download an IPA correctly , go to the downloads folder or the location the plugin saves your files and install via iFile.

-----------------------

Regarding AppCake , it might be your connection or the filehost download limit (if you have a free account it is likely to be the FileHost)

With AppCake the best way is to use PC/Mac for big files (500MB and over).

Wise

Wise

Pro Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 122 posts
Thanks for the input. I believe it is my connection because it stops at completely random times. That or my appcake crashes. One or the other, both frustrating. Sadly I don't have the option to use a computer to download things as I am traveling and don't have one with me. A mistake I hope to remedy in a couple months. I'm on ios 7 and cannot get safari download manager and the download plugin doesn't work for downloading ipa's for some reason. I have tried and only get a few byte file... I downloaded an IPA without either of them using safari, but have no clue as to where it saved. It didn't save in the usual folder that it would. I was hoping I could use ifile to install them. Is there any special method I should know for using ifile? Generally I only get an open with option.

Wise

Wise

Pro Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 122 posts
✓  Best Answer
Sorry for the double post. I figured it out after some tinkering. For anyone interested in doing the same you have to download the app with safari (you do not need a download manager. Just hit the download button and it will do it, though it doesn't have a screen saying it is. You will notice the loading wheel spinning in the top left corner of the screen.) when it is done it will load a new web page showing it had finished. Either open it in ifile or find where it saved using ifile. Then cut and paste it into the folder that your appcake ipa's download to. Open appcake and it should be there in your downloaded category. You know the rest. Thanks a bunch for the help Auroratic, I had kind of given up until you spurred me on saying it could be done in ifile. If I were to have to use a computer to load the games I might as well have paid for the apps because most computers in hostels and guest houses here require you to pay to use them. Merely a dollar and hour or so, but when downloading on slow internet those hours add up.