Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

iPhone 5 won't lock

Best Answer The BroOfTheCentury Inc. , 19 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

Then stay with your broken phone.

Nah I won't, as I finally solved this fucking problem. Took me hours of testing different things that I found on the internet and as none of them worked, I thought that the last thing to try is to say "bye-bye" to a lot of Cydia tweaks and that did the trick! I'm not sure though which tweak exactly caused this problem, but I guess it was SleepFX, because it was one of the last tweaks that I had updated before this here happened. In the end I am glad that I don't give up hope so fast and that I especially didn't hear on you guys ;) (nothing personal of course!) This can be locked now. Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

Pro Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 224 posts
    • Time Online: 8d 8h 30m 45s
  • Twitter:@TheBOTCInc
  • LocationGermany
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7, iHave a PC
  • Donations:Dogecoin - D8MqrVWwKczFkwLe9GN7j9JyxWh196EWkX

As already said above, since today my i5 won't lock if pressing the sleep button.

If I do so, the screen goes black and shortly after turns on again and after that it won't even turn off itself.

Thanks in advance.

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,666 posts
    • Time Online: 194d 23m 21s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

try smash the screen with a hammer, it will turn black eventually. ;)

• MONGOLO, Sonics and Kakarot1925 like this

The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

Pro Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 224 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7, iHave a PC

try smash the screen with a hammer, it will turn black eventually. ;)

I'm not sure if this will work out :P

Anyways, some serious answers please? :)

Auroratic

Auroratic

Since April of 2013

• iPASTORE
  • 1,434 posts
  • Twitter:@GTXAuro
  • LocationAppCake Community
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 5, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7+, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6

I think its a mechanical error not a software error. Well if I were you, Restore your phone so you loose jailbreak and tell your Applestore about it.

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,666 posts
    • Time Online: 194d 23m 21s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

Why don't you take it back to Apple Store, they might replace a new one for you.

The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

Pro Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 224 posts
  • LocationGermany

The problem is that even Activator won't solve this problem and I don't want to restore it, nor take it to an Apple Store.

Auroratic

Auroratic

Since April of 2013

• iPASTORE
  • 1,434 posts
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 5, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7+, iHave a PC

The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

Pro Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 224 posts
  • LocationGermany
✓  Best Answer

Nah I won't, as I finally solved this fucking problem. Took me hours of testing different things that I found on the internet and as none of them worked, I thought that the last thing to try is to say "bye-bye" to a lot of Cydia tweaks and that did the trick! I'm not sure though which tweak exactly caused this problem, but I guess it was SleepFX, because it was one of the last tweaks that I had updated before this here happened. In the end I am glad that I don't give up hope so fast and that I especially didn't hear on you guys ;) (nothing personal of course!) This can be locked now.

Auroratic

Auroratic

Since April of 2013

• iPASTORE
  • 1,434 posts

SOLVED and Locked.

MONGOLO

MONGOLO

Un-Certified Troll

• IC Trusted User
  • 978 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 10h 38m 2s
  • Twitter:@M0NGOLO
  • LocationtheHub
  • Facebook:i use myspace
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iHave a PC
  • Donations:BTC 1AE1fiQ4kjxkDf6ZZTrLXwhxvSsBAPDR4y

about the lock button... interesting that it was a software problem... if you are able to depress the button then it may be software problem i guess... but if the button feels physically very stiff, then a hardware problem..... i have seen this in many iphones... the flex cable is still good, but the button, being made of softer aluminum, has simply worn out and will not be able to make proper contact with the flex cable anymore.. a temoparary fix is to remove the aluminum part of the button and just reach into the iphone and poke the flex button with ur fingernail or something.... the prmanent fix is to buy a new button, not at all hard to install.... but the truth is, apple must  deleberatly be desinging the lock buttons to wear out... it owuld be quite simple for them to make a steel button/insert or have an adjustable screw that can be tightend as it wears out so it can still make proper contact.....

..but interesting that it was a software problem

• The BroOfTheCentury Inc. likes this

Nocturnal

Nocturnal

^,..,^

• IC Member
  • 59 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 1h 47m 33s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 4, iPhone 6, iPad Air
You could've just gone into settings and changed how long it takes your iPhone to lock (minimum 1 minute) due to inactivity... This does apply to also if your lock button does "wear out"

The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

Pro Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 224 posts
  • LocationGermany

You could've just gone into settings and changed how long it takes your iPhone to lock (minimum 1 minute) due to inactivity... This does apply to also if your lock button does "wear out"

Nope, I tried it and as I already mentioned above, it was the fault of a tweak from Cydia, the button itself works just fine.

Auroratic

Auroratic

Since April of 2013

• iPASTORE
  • 1,434 posts

lol. Take care when you mess around with the Kernel! Now make sure you dont find another which doesnt let you use the home button :D

• The BroOfTheCentury Inc. and JAVsystems like this