Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ipa file from a user to another/remove DRM

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

PANOS134EVER

PANOS134EVER

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 8 posts
    • Time Online: 8h 44m 3s

Hi, I want to ask if there is a way to take the ipa file of a purchased app (from a friend lets say) and install it at my computer.

I know that one way to go is tell my friend to authorize my computer for his account, but I wonder if I can edit the ipa or somehow remove/bypass the protection (DRM) that the purchased app has, for using it on my computer.

Thanks!

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,648 posts
    • Time Online: 193d 4h 22m 45s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

Hi, I want to ask if there is a way to take the ipa file of a purchased app (from a friend lets say) and install it at my computer.

I know that one way to go is tell my friend to authorize my computer for his account, but I wonder if I can edit the ipa or somehow remove/bypass the protection (DRM) that the purchased app has, for using it on my computer.

Thanks!

It must be cracked on your friends iPhone, and then it can be shared to anyone with jailbreak iphone. (of cause your friends iphone must be jailbroken to crack apps)

kulskul

kulskul

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 3 posts
    • Time Online: 16h 15m 5s

or you can crack it in your phone but you need to have him sign-in his itunes account in your phone. cracking apps can be done not only on the owners device, you can crack it on any jailbroken device as long as you signed in the account that's tied into the app.

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 5h 9m 30s
  • Twitter:cosmicaln1nja
  • Locationthe UK
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPhone SE, iPad Mini, iPad 4, MacBook Pro
  • Most used iOS:iOS 8

Why can you not take an ipa file, resign it with a dev account and use it???

Kind of like FAULTYCLONES idea of taking everyones .ipa files, resign them and crack them.