Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ipa install failed iphone 4 4.2.1

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

zahidiqbal

zahidiqbal

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 20 posts
    • Time Online: 15h 27m 56s
  • Locationuk
I am a new user and every ipa file downloaded wont install and says install failed. I have app synce 4.0+ and have tried 2 diff versions of appcake. please help me asap

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,657 posts
    • Time Online: 193d 14h 52m 50s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

what's your ios version?

if it's iOS4.0, then most app won't install for sure, cuz they all support ios7 now

zahidiqbal

zahidiqbal

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 20 posts
  • Locationuk
yeh mine is 4.2.1.. what should I do now. if u cud explain with instructions as I have not used iphone before. and have a jailbroken blocked one that I have just started using on wifi to play games etc

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,657 posts
    • Time Online: 193d 14h 52m 50s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

my only suggestion, listen to music with that iphone, and buy a new one to explore

• Cosmicalninja and Sonics like this

zahidiqbal

zahidiqbal

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 20 posts
  • Locationuk
there is no way of upgrading to a later version. what would happen if I made an itunes account and tried upgrading.

T0XicGreif3r

T0XicGreif3r

Banned

• Banned
  • 558 posts
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 5S, MacBook Pro, iHave a PC
You would have to restore your phone via iTunes on computer. This is the only way to upgrade a jailbroken iDevice to the latest version. -T0XicGreif3r
  • hotsjf likes this

T0XicGreif3r

T0XicGreif3r

Banned

• Banned
  • 558 posts
I would recommend you backup your Cydia tweaks and sources with "OpenBackup"

-T0XicGreif3r

zahidiqbal

zahidiqbal

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 20 posts
  • Locationuk
would the new version be jailbroken? or would I have to do it and where would I get info on how to do that. oh and open back up is that on cydia and is the process simple. sorry for so many questions. I am clueless

T0XicGreif3r

T0XicGreif3r

Banned

• Banned
  • 558 posts
You would have to rejailbreak it, but it would be tethered.

-T0XicGreif3r

T0XicGreif3r

T0XicGreif3r

Banned

• Banned
  • 558 posts
Don't use OpenBackup now that I think about it. But, if you are fine with a tethered jailbreak (May be untethered soon) then restore via iTunes and follow this guide: http://jailbreakwiki...thered_iPhone_4

-T0XicGreif3r

zahidiqbal

zahidiqbal

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 20 posts
  • Locationuk
thank you for now. I will try then get back to you. appreciate the support. oh what shall I use to jail break as this was already done

zahidiqbal

zahidiqbal

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 20 posts
  • Locationuk
just got ur last message. dont knw what tethered is or untethered

T0XicGreif3r

T0XicGreif3r

Banned

• Banned
  • 558 posts
Untethered is probably what you have. You can reboot your phone with jailbreak no problem. A tethered jailbreak is when you have to "re-jailbreak" your phone every time it reboots. You still keep all your apps and tweaks, but you must boot tethered from your computer every time your phone reboots.

-T0XicGreif3r

zahidiqbal

zahidiqbal

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 20 posts
  • Locationuk
ok I got ya now. plus read the site u sent. I may have no choice but to upgrade as nothing seems to install. t
ethered or not...I guess im stuck.
will give it a thought. I take I cant upgrade to a version where I get untethered? anyhow I will keep in tuch as u seem well clued up. many thanks

T0XicGreif3r

T0XicGreif3r

Banned

• Banned
  • 558 posts
No you can't, sorry. But the untether should be out for iPhone 4 any week now. I'll notify you when it's out. Btw iOS 7.1 (what you will upgrade to) improves performance for iPhone 4 :)
Cheers!

-T0XicGreif3r

zahidiqbal

zahidiqbal

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 20 posts
  • Locationuk
. thnks

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 5h 9m 30s
  • Twitter:cosmicaln1nja
  • Locationthe UK
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPhone SE, iPad Mini, iPad 4, MacBook Pro
  • Most used iOS:iOS 8

dont forget to download the semi tethered package once upgraded so just in case your phone goes off away from a computer, you can turn it back on again and use it.

zahidiqbal

zahidiqbal

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 20 posts
  • Locationuk
cosmicalninja woyld u be able to state how to do that plz and what does that mean would happen

zahidiqbal

zahidiqbal

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 20 posts
  • Locationuk

hi people. ive been advised that the new jail break would be tethered. but there are places stating i can get an untethered jailbreak on this site. also posts show that there are other versions less than the 7. like 6 etc. could i upgrade to that?

T0XicGreif3r

T0XicGreif3r

Banned

• Banned
  • 558 posts
Just upgrade. There is no untethered for 7.1. Only 7.0.x and 6.x.x. Not 7.1. You probably misunderstood iOS 7 jailbreak as 7.1 jailbreak. If you find an untethered jailbreak for 7.1 on the Internet, it is a lie. I will tell you as soon as a 7.1 untether comes out. -T0XicGreif3r