Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

having problems downloading firmware 6.1.2

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

zahidiqbal

zahidiqbal

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 20 posts
    • Time Online: 15h 27m 56s
  • Locationuk

hi i have been on various links which allow me to download firmware 6.1.2. The file is always named ***.ipsw. the problem i am getting is when the file is downloaded onto my pc it does not have an ipsw extension. but instead is saved as a .zip file.

i am in need of the ipsw extension so i can stitch it to a .shsh blob in order to update from my current firmware of 4.1.2

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,657 posts
    • Time Online: 193d 14h 52m 50s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

.ipsw file is actually ZIP file, so you just need to rename your downloaded file

zahidiqbal

zahidiqbal

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 20 posts
    • Time Online: 15h 27m 56s
  • Locationuk

what do i rename to??? cuz when i go to find(and file type it looks for is *.ipsw) when i get to the folder it opens it rather than letting me choose it and no ipsw files exist within it. please help

MONGOLO

MONGOLO

Un-Certified Troll

• IC Trusted User
  • 978 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 10h 38m 2s
  • Twitter:@M0NGOLO
  • LocationtheHub
  • Facebook:i use myspace
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iHave a PC
  • Donations:BTC 1AE1fiQ4kjxkDf6ZZTrLXwhxvSsBAPDR4y

what do i rename to??? cuz when i go to find(and file type it looks for is *.ipsw) when i get to the folder it opens it rather than letting me choose it and no ipsw files exist within it. please help

change the file extension to .ipsw   if u need help doing that see here - http://www.mediacoll...ion-change.html

but use this website ..