Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Which "non-standard" folders/files are carried over?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

sirius2013

sirius2013

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 26 posts
    • Time Online: 6h 58m 16s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 4S, iPad Mini with Retina, iHave a PC

Does anyone know which "non-standard" locations (files, folders) are carried over in the regular backup/restore process from one instance of a jailbroken iDevice to another? E.g. I've noticed most Cydia tweaks settings were preserved when upgrading from a jailbroken 7.1.1 to a 7.1.2 which I jailbroke afterwards. Also, the icons of various Cydia tweaks and apps were positioned exactly as before. Something I left in /usr folder, on the other hand, was not there anymore.

One more thing: Is there a way to automate the "restore" process after a jailbreak (something like importing the list of Cydia sources instead of adding them one by one, and installing all tweaks and apps in a batch, perhaps)?

alienopo

alienopo

Quality from Space.

• IC Uploader
  • 8,080 posts
    • Time Online: 93d 17h 33m 16s
  • iDevices Owned:N/A

One more thing: Is there a way to automate the "restore" process after a jailbreak (something like importing the list of Cydia sources instead of adding them one by one, and installing all tweaks and apps in a batch, perhaps)?

You could crack all of them via Julioverne`s CRACKTOOL and move them to cydia autoinstall folder: var/root/Media/; Create the folder Cydia/AutoInstall  and reboot. They`ll install while rebooting..

You shouldn`t update jailbroken device... it could cause a lot of bug...

Really. Some Tweaks can stop work and Cydia procces could stop too...

Better is restore your device to 7.1.2 and later make JB.

sirius2013

sirius2013

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 26 posts

I meant "restore", I know it's not advisable to update a JB device. So it was like this:

-last sync & backup to iTunes

-recovery mode to install 7.1.2

-restore from backup (& sync)

-jailbreak

-installing tweaks; some settings and icon positions were preserved from before, which is great.

alienopo

alienopo

Quality from Space.

• IC Uploader
  • 8,080 posts
    • Time Online: 93d 17h 33m 16s
  • iDevices Owned:N/A

-restore from backup (& sync)

Icon layout was synchronized too.

Auroratic

Auroratic

Since April of 2013

• iPASTORE
  • 1,434 posts
  • Twitter:@GTXAuro
  • LocationAppCake Community
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 5, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7+, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6

I'm not sure if Saurik (Cydia Developer) came up with migrating tweaks between devices and upgrades , but the easiest wasy to do it is by creating a cydia account , then all your purchases and stuff you get is there.

Then you can re-install them after you Jailbreak and restore.

sirius2013

sirius2013

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 26 posts

I found another option somewhere: a free Cydia app called OpenBackup. As far as I've checked it out, it creates some files locally, which you can then copy manually or use online backup option for later restore. As I've already set everything up manually for now, I'll see if it comes in handy in one of the future updates.

The irony (partially related to my original post): Most (if not all) tweaks' settings seem to be carried over (even FlipControlCenter & FlipLaunch settings, and ProtectMyPrivacy settings)... but the official iDevice's settings for Notifications are reset (I remember this happened in past iOS upgrades as well).

• hotsjf likes this