Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to uninstall an app that was added with AppCake?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

sirius2013

sirius2013

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 26 posts
    • Time Online: 6h 58m 16s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 4S, iPad Mini with Retina, iHave a PC

I have an app/icon on one of the homescreens, which is a bit darker, doesn't work, and iTunes report that it can't be synced (the .ipa file is on disk, though, but the app was installed in the previous iPhone's "incarnation" via AppCake). It shows the usual X mark (for app removal) on tap&hold, along with the dialog box when you tap the X, but the app won't be deleted. I also tried hard reset, nothing changed.

What else can I do to clean this up? I won't be needing the app anymore, though.

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,636 posts
    • Time Online: 192d 7h 15m 59s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

all the apps installed with appcake should be like regular apps, press the x and it's gone.

did you try reboot and delete again?

sirius2013

sirius2013

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 26 posts

Yes, I rebooted and tried to delete again, nothing changed. I know they usually are like regular. The thing is, I installed iOS 7.1.2 (via recovery mode) and restored from last backup (which was on 7.0.4). Apparently the backup had this app saved with iTunes, but it wouldn't install it (no surprise here). I jailbroke the iPhone later on, though, but the subsequent synches also wouldn't do much.

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,636 posts
    • Time Online: 192d 7h 15m 59s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

Yes, I rebooted and tried to delete again, nothing changed. I know they usually are like regular. The thing is, I installed iOS 7.1.2 (via recovery mode) and restored from last backup (which was on 7.0.4). Apparently the backup had this app saved with iTunes, but it wouldn't install it (no surprise here). I jailbroke the iPhone later on, though, but the subsequent synches also wouldn't do much.

did you install appsync after you jailbreak?

if you did, I don't know then..

sirius2013

sirius2013

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 26 posts

Yep, AppSync was there as well. Anyway... I managed to clean it up now with a stupid dirty trick (don't know why I didn't think of this before): I simply installed the app again in AppCake, and removed it afterwards.

• hotsjf likes this

Auroratic

Auroratic

Since April of 2013

• iPASTORE
  • 1,434 posts
  • Twitter:@GTXAuro
  • LocationAppCake Community
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 5, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7+, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6

Related to topic: I'm happy to see it worked for you!

Note:

For next time , you can go get iFunBox, go ahead and try delete the app from there (which includes its folders obviously).

Get afc2add so you can allow root access from iFunBox.

Guest_Dion Perez_*

Guest_Dion Perez_*
Heyyy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Auroratic

Auroratic

Since April of 2013

• iPASTORE
  • 1,434 posts
  • Twitter:@GTXAuro
  • LocationAppCake Community
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 5, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7+, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6

Need any help Dion Perez. Don't write random stuff on posts.

• Cosmicalninja and JAVsystems like this

yumitsu

yumitsu

Pro Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 146 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 20h 27m 58s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 5, MacBook Pro

Yep, AppSync was there as well. Anyway... I managed to clean it up now with a stupid dirty trick (don't know why I didn't think of this before): I simply installed the app again in AppCake, and removed it afterwards.

In fact, it's not a bug: appsync was designed to overrule protection during apps install and not after installation took its place.

Sorry for bumping, I found this thread is old after I replied to it.