Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Is my jailbreak affecting Pioneer Appradio? Can't get it to work?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Guest_murphdogg17_2000@yahoo.com_*

I have a pioneer avh 4000 nex player and wanted to know if my jailbreak is interfering with appradio mode? Anyone having this issue?

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 5h 9m 30s
  • Twitter:cosmicaln1nja
  • Locationthe UK
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPhone SE, iPad Mini, iPad 4, MacBook Pro
  • Most used iOS:iOS 8

Hi there, does the appradio say its aware your device is jailbroken? Or is it a case of just simply not working?

Edit: I checked the app on AppStore and found this,

The AppRadio from Pioneer is the first 2-DIN unit that places various iPhone content right where you can see, touch and control them.

Supported devices:
AppRadio (SPH-DA01*/SPH-DA02*/SPH-DA100/SPH-DA110)
AVH-X1500DVD*, AVH-X2500BT, AVH-X3500DAB, AVH-X5500BT, AVH-X8500BT, AVH-8400BT
AVH-X1600DVD*, AVH-X2600BT, AVH-X3600DAB, AVH-X5600BT
AVIC-F8430BT, AVIC-F840BT, AVIC-F940BT, AVIC-F40BT
AVIC-F850BT, AVIC-F950BT, AVIC-F950DAB, AVIC-F50BT

I can't see 4000 nex player in there although it says it works with appradio.

On Google Play this:

Turn your car into a connected car with a compatible Pioneer in-dash multimedia receiver, a compatible Android smartphone, and this AppRadio app. With your Android device connected, you'll be able to listen, view and control compatible Android applications optimized for in-car use directly from the large Pioneer touchscreen interface installed in your dashboard. Compatible models
USA/Canada: AppRadio 2 & 3 (SPH-DA100, SPH-DA110, SPH-DA210), AVH-X8500BHS, AVIC-X950BH, AVIC-Z150BH
Europe: AppRadio (SPH-DA100, SPH-DA110), AVH-X8500BT, AVIC-F850BT, AVIC-F950BT, AVIC-F950DAB, AVIC-F50BT
ROW: AVH-X8550BT, AVH-X8580BT, AVH-X8590BT

However

From Pioneer there is this:

The AVH-4000NEX will be one of the first aftermarket radios to feature Apple CarPlay (firmware update required, coming summer 2014). CarPlay is the smarter, safer and more fun way to use your iPhone® in the car. CarPlay gives iPhone users an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, use Maps, listen to music and access messages with just a word or a touch. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay

Sooooo, you are too new to the market! Appradio is now old hat and you are waiting for CarPlay instead. Read the link, it'll only be available for the iPhone 5 range and above so that nifty 700$ system may have just cost you more! lol.

After all that digging i really hope i have answered your question thoroughly.

• hotsjf likes this

Yes I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. I saw a few videos on YouTube and they seemed to have no problem getting their appradio to work. And yes I am patiently waiting for the carplay and I am very excited about the firmware update coming this summer. I was just wanting to know if anyone knew any secrets that I didn't know about the appradio, I was hoping to use until firmware update was released. Well I really appreciate your time. Thanks!
  • Cosmicalninja likes this

Von

Von

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 4 posts
    • Time Online: 9m 10s
Jailbreak do have some problems in numerous apps that's general possible fixes could be hard reset which is holding power button and home button until u reach reboot logo

It's worth a try