Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[SOLVED] iFile's web server not connecting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

mocomero

mocomero

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 19 posts
    • Time Online: 10h 33m 20s

Good evening, everyone! I wondered if you could help me with this issue I'm having with iFile's web server.

I used to be able to connect with no problem at all, but suddenly it never does anymore. I believe the problem started after I moved from 7.1.1 to 7.1.2. What am I missing here?

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
    • Time Online: 192d 1h 7m 46s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8
AppCake has a web server in settings too, try that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 5h 9m 30s
  • Twitter:cosmicaln1nja
  • Locationthe UK
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPhone SE, iPad Mini, iPad 4, MacBook Pro
  • Most used iOS:iOS 8

why do you need a webserver to use iFile? I am intrigued. I thought it was a standalone app used to look at root files.

mocomero

mocomero

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 19 posts

AppCake has a web server in settings too, try that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided to uninstall AppCake, I had a problem with it, all my apps were gone but I still had the files, anyway I couldn't find out what the problem was and restored my iPod, I doubt I'll be installing it anytime soon.

why do you need a webserver to use iFile? I am intrigued. I thought it was a standalone app used to look at root files.

It is, but it is a nice option I was able to use but now I'm not, I'm curious to why it is. I used it to get files out of my iPod without connecting or using ifunbox, or to put files in the iPod when ifunbox didn't seem to do it.

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 5h 9m 30s
  • Twitter:cosmicaln1nja
  • Locationthe UK
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPhone SE, iPad Mini, iPad 4, MacBook Pro
  • Most used iOS:iOS 8

Its a shame you fell out with the Appcake app when its an iFile fault. You could always ask the dev for support...if you bought it legit that is. Although with you coming here asking for help i dont think that was the case.

mocomero

mocomero

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 19 posts

Its a shame you fell out with the Appcake app when its an iFile fault. You could always ask the dev for support...if you bought it legit that is. Although with you coming here asking for help i dont think that was the case.

It surely is a shame, I was really into it, and yes, that's not the case, any help will be appreciated anyway.

mocomero

mocomero

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 19 posts

Good afternoon! I wanted to let you know I tried it with internet explorer (instead of chrome) and it worked right away, so I ran CCleaner and after that it would work in Chrome too. Anyway, would anybody happen to know what exactly was the problem? 

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
    • Time Online: 192d 1h 7m 46s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8
sounds like JS issue of iFile, i.e. browser compatibility

sir_cedric_lex

sir_cedric_lex

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 7 posts
    • Time Online: 15h 21m 16s

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

mocomero

mocomero

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 19 posts

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

I had tried that and wouldn't work. It now works without a problem, all I did was reinstall chrome (it was working on IE but not on chrome so I gave it a try and it just worked)

:)

• JAVsystems likes this

JAVsystems

JAVsystems

***ONE CHANCE IS ALL I NEED***

• IC Respected Member
  • 651 posts
    • Time Online: 16d 15h 7m 26s
  • LocationFrance
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 8
  • Donations:Eu AppStore Codes ONLY ! Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback ! :)

Topic Closed/Solved.