Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OpenBackup isn't restoring?? (Advanced)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

MiniPicklez

MiniPicklez

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 5 posts
    • Time Online: 5h 35m 35s
So I am using OpenBackup to transfer all my apps and Cydia tweaks into my new phone. I am using the advanced options and I made it really far within 5 days I've trying to do this. I almost got this but whenever I try to install the .deb files, it takes 2 seconds and OpenBackup says it's done installing the files when the instructions says it takes several minutes for this process to happen. What am I doing wrong???

Instructions from the instructions.txt that went along with OpenBackup:

• Install:
When you jailbreak your device and Cydia servers are offline, move the .deb files from the "MoveToAutoInstall/archives" folder that you created and stored on your computer earlier to "/var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall". If this folder does not exist, create it. You can access a jailbroken device that has nothing installed from Cydia by using software like "iExplorer" or any other afc2 supporting service. After you do this, reboot your device. If you do not see the OpenBackup app on your home screen, reboot it a second time. Next, move the "OpenBackupDebs" folder back to "/var/mobile". Then press the "Install" button in OpenBackup. This will restore all of your packages (which will take several minutes :P).

Edit: Now my jailbroken iPhone 5s is encountering the bootloop blue screen of death. I'm pretty much screwed right now.

Abst3rg0

Abst3rg0

Ex- Moderator

• IC Member
  • 464 posts
    • Time Online: 10d 2h 14m 14s
  • LocationEarth
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 5, iPad Mini with Retina, iHave a PC
  • Donations:1EYddXkDkx41EP5Z2khDqjUnhCy8eGh3y3
Restore don't try these kind of shitty tweaks where they wouldn't help u
Put ur iPhone in recovery mode and restore it with itunes

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 5h 9m 30s
  • Twitter:cosmicaln1nja
  • Locationthe UK
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPhone SE, iPad Mini, iPad 4, MacBook Pro
  • Most used iOS:iOS 8

Restore and rejailbreak your iPhone 5s, it'll be some dodgy thing making that bootloop.

I wrote a post about backing up packages and things but unfortunately the manual ways are always going to be the 100% way. I know its not the answer you would want to hear but thats the way to go.