Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Upgrading to iOS8.1 and restoring apps

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

TheBiGW

TheBiGW

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 3 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 19m 50s

Hi all - not seen an answer to this question yet. With all previous jailbreak upgrades I've done the following steps:

Perform full backup in iTunes

Restore to the latest version of iOS

Close iTunes

Jailbreak 

Install Cydia

Install AppSync

Reconnect iPad and open iTunes

Restore iPad

All apps (including cracked) get re-installed to iPad

Restore final tweaks via Cydia

However, there's no AppSync for iOS 8 (yet). If I install appcake will the app restore via iTunes work? Or do I have to manually copy over the IPSWs and install one by one?

Thanks!

• Zeed_Nasee likes this

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,648 posts
    • Time Online: 193d 3h 20m 6s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8
You can consider AppCake as appsync for iOS 8

After you jailbreak iOS 8, install AppCake and try install one app in AppCake, if it works then you can restore your backup from iTunes

TheBiGW

TheBiGW

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 3 posts

Ok I tried this... Apps installed from iTunes from the backup I took are dark/grey and when you tap them it just says 'Installing...' and nothing else. :(

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,648 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac

Ok I tried this... Apps installed from iTunes from the backup I took are dark/grey and when you tap them it just says 'Installing...' and nothing else. :(

did you try install apps with AppCake first ?

TheBiGW

TheBiGW

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 3 posts

Absolutely - installed appcake, downloaded and installed one app and it worked fine. Then ran the itunes restore and that's where the failures happened.

*EDIT* - Ok - so after running the restore I re-ran AppCake, installed another app and then ran sync. Looks like it's working this time. 

• Auroratic likes this

daviday

daviday

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 7 posts
    • Time Online: 7d 20h 48m 16s
What are you using to JB?

Auroratic

Auroratic

Since April of 2013

• iPASTORE
  • 1,434 posts
  • Twitter:@GTXAuro
  • LocationAppCake Community
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 5, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7+, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6

We use Pangu to Jailbreak iOS8.

http://forum.iphonec...ile/101-pangu8/- You can download it from here.

daviday

daviday

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 7 posts
    • Time Online: 7d 20h 48m 16s

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply. I'm not so sure why this forum doesn't push through to my tapatalk.

paradissi

paradissi

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 35m 39s

I want to jailbreak an iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1.2. Between Taig and Pangu... What`s the best tool for Untethered JailBreak?

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,648 posts
  • LocationUSA

I want to jailbreak an iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1.2. Between Taig and Pangu... What`s the best tool for Untethered JailBreak?

Taig is the only choice for 8.1.2