Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Weird Boot Loop Issue

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Lakerfanalways

Lakerfanalways

Caker

• iPASTORE
  • 59 posts
  • Twitter:Lakerfanalways

Hi everyone

Having a strange boot loop issue with my iPad Air 2..it all started this morning when I tried installing springtomize on my iPad, it wouldnt install right, tried again and again til it installed, but then when I would turn off my iPad and back on I would get a boot loop, I would see the apple logo, then it would disappear and come back over and over again, would do that about 8-10 times then load..so I just said screw it and I wiped clean my iPad and started from scratch, installed the jailbreak, and I ONLY have appcake and the appsync on my iPad, thats it..but I have TouchID and passcode on of course..but I am still experiencing the boot loop issue, sometimes it will happen twice, then load, sometimes it will load without a boot loop, its just weird and I dont know the cause..can anyone help me figure this out..Thanks because its driving me nuts

d0ge

d0ge

Caker

• IC Member
  • 69 posts
    • Time Online: 11d 18h 56m 7s
I had similar prob with my ipad
So i used ilex rat to restore my device
This fixed the issue

r3tribut10n

r3tribut10n

Like the wind!

• IC Trusted User
  • 718 posts
    • Time Online: 14d 5h 49m 18s
  • LocationUk
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, MacBook Pro, iHave a PC
Which version of pangu jailbreak are you using?
Also I'm on a iPads air 1st gen and haven't experianced this so I would say you have either not jail broken correctly or you may be using the wrong version of appcake, you should be using the 1 without ppsync with the appsync

Did u restore your iPad to factory setting then go direct into jailbreak

P.s you may be using an old pangu jailbreak app as I remember people having problems with boot loop and having to disable there fingerprint scan and passcode BEFORE jail breaking
Latest pangu jailbreak is 1.21 and u need to put it into airplane mode before jail breaking, also disable the lock screen from 2 mins to never
Rrestore again then direct to jailbreaking and follow the ps message
  • hotsjf likes this

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,696 posts
    • Time Online: 194d 23h 56m 39s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8
If it's twice bootloop , then it happens to me too.
I think it's pangu

Lakerfanalways

Lakerfanalways

Caker

• iPASTORE
  • 59 posts

its doing it much more than TWICE..I have a feeling this might be related to Appsync..I am on the latest Pangu and on the latest Cydia and I did everything I was supposed to do..but I installed Appcake(AppCake 4.85) and that one did NOT include any appsync so I also installed the latest Appsync from the same place..the AppSync Unified latest one..I have a feeling something with this is causing the issue..because the apps would NOT install til I installed appsync..this time the boot loop went for 6 times before it FINALLY loaded

Lakerfanalways

Lakerfanalways

Caker

• iPASTORE
  • 59 posts

this is what I have installed..appcake version 4.85, appsync unified  5.1-1, bigboss icon set, cydia installer, cydia substrate, cydia translations, pangu untether, pangu loader, and substrate safe mode

Lakerfanalways

Lakerfanalways

Caker

• iPASTORE
  • 59 posts

I went ahead and DELETED The Appsync United..and I turned OFF the iPad and it booted without looping..so now I Just have Appcake 4.85 on my iPad Air 2..not sure if that is enough, I just know that when I was syncing a few cracked apps from iTunes to my iPad it would NOT show up til I installed Appsync United

Lakerfanalways

Lakerfanalways

Caker

• iPASTORE
  • 59 posts

K I figured it out..its the Touch ID, that is the culprit here..because even with removing Appsync Unified it was still happening so I turned OFF touch ID and it booted fine, did it twice..so that is the problem..I just dont know how to fix it cause I Really want touch ID and passcode

r3tribut10n

r3tribut10n

Like the wind!

• IC Trusted User
  • 718 posts
  • LocationUk
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, MacBook Pro, iHave a PC
They were supposed to have fixed this issue from v1.20 I think, did you use v1.20 or v1.21?

Lakerfanalways

Lakerfanalways

Caker

• iPASTORE
  • 59 posts

yeah I did install this with the latest Pangu 1.21 and its still happening..it doesnt happen on my Ipod Touch which does NOT have Touch ID, it only happens on my iPad AIr 2

r3tribut10n

r3tribut10n

Like the wind!

• IC Trusted User
  • 718 posts
  • LocationUk

yeah I did install this with the latest Pangu 1.21 and its still happening..it doesnt happen on my Ipod Touch which does NOT have Touch ID, it only happens on my iPad AIr 2

Ok your best bet is re jailbreaking it again after a complete iPad wipe, use pangu 1.21 and make sure of the following BEFORE attempting jailbreak
Disable passcode
Disable touch I.d
Disable the screen lock from 2mins to never
Set the phone to airplane mode
Then right click as admin and start pangu 1.21

After this is finished check for cydia updates, I.e get to 1.16

When this is done install cydia substrate and then try to lock the phone with code 1st and see how that goes, if ok start the touch I.d and see how that works.

DON'T install appcake or appsync at this point, just come here and see how things are!

Also make sure you grab pangu1.21 from pangu direct not a third party sit
  • hotsjf likes this