Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

iFunbox will not export ipa files

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

ounso

ounso

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 14 posts
    • Time Online: 9h 52m 6s

I am using iFunbox 2.9 with my jailbroken iphone 5 with ios 8.1. I want ro export some programs from my phone. After opening User Applications under iFunbox Classic window I choose an app, right click and choose Backup to a ipa package. A new window opens but no matter where I try to put the resulting file nothing happens. It wants to choose a folder but if I choose a folder called Test on the the desktop still nothing happens.

Ifunbox forum seems to be down, so can anyone help me with this?

alienopo

alienopo

Quality from Space.

• IC Uploader
  • 8,080 posts
    • Time Online: 93d 17h 33m 16s
  • iDevices Owned:N/A

Use iTools intead of iFunBox.... i was always using iFunbox but last time it was crashing all time... i switch to iTools and i`m really happy because of that...

• hotsjf likes this

ounso

ounso

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 14 posts

Use iTools intead of iFunBox.... i was always using iFunbox but last time it was crashing all time... i switch to iTools and i`m really happy because of that...

Nope did not work. I had an app installed, made a backup using iTools, deleted the app from the phone but could not reinstall again it via iTools. And the backup would not install via iFunbox :(.

ounso

ounso

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 14 posts

What happens if I remove Appcake from my phone? Will iFunbox or iTools work then?

alienopo

alienopo

Quality from Space.

• IC Uploader
  • 8,080 posts

Would you like to make backup with game progress or just for sharing purposes ?

AppCake removal did not make any difference.

ounso

ounso

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 14 posts

I just want to be able to install och perhaps backlup ipa files. As it was before I could download and install via Appcake and it would be synced via Itunes. I could also make a backup of the ipa file that had be installed in Appcake by using iFunbox. And if I had to restore the phone I could always reinstall the backup ipa file via iFunbox.

alienopo

alienopo

Quality from Space.

• IC Uploader
  • 8,080 posts

I think you should try using "export" function in AppCake app.:)

It`s really simple.;)

Go To APP MANAGEMENT and click on specific and click on export. App`ll be packed into ipa package.

ounso

ounso

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 14 posts

"Cannot archive this App. Make sure you installed ZIP from Cydia". What is ZIP? And how will this help me install a game/program that I have on my PC? iFunbox will still not install it.

alienopo

alienopo

Quality from Space.

• IC Uploader
  • 8,080 posts

Do you have Cydia installed ? Zip is default package...

ounso

ounso

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 14 posts

OK, I have installed Zip, could then export an app to a folder on the phone. I then deleted the app and could reinstall it again from the backup. But how does this help me? I do not want to use phone as a backup drive for everything that I install. I could I guess extract and copy the backup to my PC but will that allow me to install it again via iFunbox or iTools or will I have to place it back on the phone first and then use Appcake?

alienopo

alienopo

Quality from Space.

• IC Uploader
  • 8,080 posts

You could copy backuped apps from phone with iTools or iFunBox.

ounso

ounso

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 14 posts

OK, I will try this tonight and then see if I can install them again. Thanks for your patience.

alienopo

alienopo

Quality from Space.

• IC Uploader
  • 8,080 posts

You`re welcome.:)

theslug

theslug

Pro Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 164 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 14h 44m 38s

Where are apps stored for iFunbox if I use iFile to get backups?  TIA

ounso

ounso

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 14 posts

OK, I will try this tonight and then see if I can install them again. Thanks for your patience.

OK, I have tried this. I backuped an app, exported it to my PC, then removed the installed app from my phone and the backuped file. I then placed the backuped app back on to the phone and in the same place (/var/mobile/Media/Appcake/Imported) as well as a completely different ipa file. I then tried to install them inside Appcake and this resulted in a -999 error.

alienopo

alienopo

Quality from Space.

• IC Uploader
  • 8,080 posts

Check http://forum.iphonec...s-8x-jailbreak/- AppcCake thread and there`s a solution for this error.