Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to jailbreak 8.1.1 or ios 8.2 Beta using TaiG Jailbreak

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Nocturnal

Nocturnal

^,..,^

• IC Member
  • 59 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 1h 47m 33s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 4, iPhone 6, iPad Air

6B64B910-49C8-499C-8A06-A96119CB6C23_zps

Here’s how to jailbreak your device running on iOS 8.1.1 or iOS 8.2 beta using TaiG jailbreak.

Some important points before you proceed:

Please proceed with caution, as Taig is known for running an app store with pirated apps in China. The name Taig might be familiar to you, as it was the center of controversy when this pirated app store was bundled with evasi0n7, and later removed. We’re yet to get a confirmation from any well known hacker that the jailbreak is safe.

TaiG jailbreak supports following iOS 8.1.1, iOS 8.2 beta devices:

iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S

iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2

iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini

iPod touch 5G

TaiG jailbreak also supports iOS 8 – iOS 8.1 but it may be advisable to use the Pangu jailbreak for it.

TaiG jailbreak is currently available only for Windows. For now, Mac users will have to run Windows in a virtual machine to use the TaiG jailbreak.

Use iCloud or iTunes to back up any and all personal information that you need to keep safe. The jailbreak has been reported to be working in most cases, but on the off chance something goes wrong, it’s a good idea to have an escape plan.

Disable any Anti-virus programs or firewalls that could prevent TaiG from connecting to the internet.

Jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 and iOS 8.2 using TaiG jailbreak:

Follow these instructions to jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 and iOS 8.2 using TaiG jailbreak.

Step 1: Download the latest version of TaiG jailbreak from this link on your computer, and unzip the zip file.

Step 2: Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable.

Step 3: Disable Passcode from Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.

Step 4: Also turn off Find my iPhone from Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.

Step 5: Please launch the application as an Administrator. Right click on the TaiG exe and select the “Run as Administrator” option.

Step 6: TaiG will take some time to detect your device. Once you confirm that it is showing the correct firmware version, deselect the TaiG App Store (the one in Chinese), just below Cydia 1.1.16.

E91DCBB1-A5FA-4B15-B54F-CA8F50E7290B_zps

Step 7: Click on the green jailbreak button to proceed. You will see the circular progress bar.

Step 8: After the jailbreak is complete, your device will reboot automatically, and you should should see the Cydia icon on the Home screen .

Troubleshooting tips

If you’ve updated over-the-air to the latest iOS 8.0.x or iOS 8.1.1, and the jailbreak didn’t succeed, try doing a fresh install of iOS 8.1.1 via iTunes.

Source : http://www.iphonehac...s-8-2-taig.html

Later on if I have some confirmation if this Jailbreak is safe to do I will comment on this topic to let all of you know but for now do this at your own risk I am not responsible for anything bad happening to your iPhone . If you want to try it out and confirm whether it works or not then please feel free to do so for the benefit of others :)

6B64B910-49C8-499C-8A06-A96119CB6C23_zps

Here’s how to jailbreak your device running on iOS 8.1.1 or iOS 8.2 beta using TaiG jailbreak.

Some important points before you proceed:

Please proceed with caution, as Taig is known for running an app store with pirated apps in China. The name Taig might be familiar to you, as it was the center of controversy when this pirated app store was bundled with evasi0n7, and later removed. We’re yet to get a confirmation from any well known hacker that the jailbreak is safe.

TaiG jailbreak supports following iOS 8.1.1, iOS 8.2 beta devices:

iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S

iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2

iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini

iPod touch 5G

TaiG jailbreak also supports iOS 8 – iOS 8.1 but it may be advisable to use the Pangu jailbreak for it.

TaiG jailbreak is currently available only for Windows. For now, Mac users will have to run Windows in a virtual machine to use the TaiG jailbreak.

Use iCloud or iTunes to back up any and all personal information that you need to keep safe. The jailbreak has been reported to be working in most cases, but on the off chance something goes wrong, it’s a good idea to have an escape plan.

Disable any Anti-virus programs or firewalls that could prevent TaiG from connecting to the internet.

Jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 and iOS 8.2 using TaiG jailbreak:

Follow these instructions to jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 and iOS 8.2 using TaiG jailbreak.

Step 1: Download the latest version of TaiG jailbreak from this link on your computer, and unzip the zip file.

Step 2: Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable.

Step 3: Disable Passcode from Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.

Step 4: Also turn off Find my iPhone from Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.

Step 5: Please launch the application as an Administrator. Right click on the TaiG exe and select the “Run as Administrator” option.

Step 6: TaiG will take some time to detect your device. Once you confirm that it is showing the correct firmware version, deselect the TaiG App Store (the one in Chinese), just below Cydia 1.1.16.

E91DCBB1-A5FA-4B15-B54F-CA8F50E7290B_zps

Step 7: Click on the green jailbreak button to proceed. You will see the circular progress bar.

Step 8: After the jailbreak is complete, your device will reboot automatically, and you should should see the Cydia icon on the Home screen .

Troubleshooting tips

If you’ve updated over-the-air to the latest iOS 8.0.x or iOS 8.1.1, and the jailbreak didn’t succeed, try doing a fresh install of iOS 8.1.1 via iTunes.

Source : http://www.iphonehac...s-8-2-taig.html

Later on if I have some confirmation if this Jailbreak is safe to do I will comment on this topic to let all of you know but for now do this at your own risk I am not responsible for anything bad happening to your iPhone . If you want to try it out and confirm whether it works or not then please feel free to do so for the benefit of others :)

And if your a Mac user click this link : http://www.redmondpi...ig-for-windows/

• hotsjf, jamesr21, Cosmicalninja and 3 others like this

gr4y

gr4y

Pro Caker

• IC Respected Member
  • 131 posts
    • Time Online: 7d 12h 41m 49s
  • LocationUnited States
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 5, iHave a PC
Nice find!

Redmond Pie has a tutorial and does acknowledge that it works, but hasn't listed any problems (the jailbreak has only been out for a short time)

MuscleNerd, i0n1c, and iH8sn0w have all talked about the jailbreak on Twitter, although i0n1c was the only one who actually used the jailbreak (and got a "green face", meaning it succeeded). MuscleNerd didn't say anything against using the jailbreak, but he did recommend waiting a few days before using it for bugs (implying it could be used). iH8sn0w criticized TaiG for their timing, since 8.1 is still being signed, and this is only a ".1 update", asking why they couldn't wait until 8.2.

Obviously it works, but Redmond Pie pointed out that you need to uncheck a box (similar to Pangu) which installs unnecessary software (the TaiG App Store), so there could be other undesirables from this jailbreak. It does works on the 8.2 beta (according to Redmond Pie).

@Nocturnal Found a guide for Mac users (it does require using a VM, of course) but you should put it in if you think it's useful.
http://www.redmondpi...ig-for-windows/

Good luck to all those jailbreaking!
  • hotsjf, jamesr21 and Nocturnal like this

Nocturnal

Nocturnal

^,..,^

• IC Member
  • 59 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 1h 47m 33s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 4, iPhone 6, iPad Air

MuscleNerd confirms TaiG iOS 8.1.1 Jailbreak is safe

A couple of days back, we were surprised to learn that TaiG, the Chinese company that runs a pirated app store, had released an untethered jailbreak for iOS 8.1.1 and iOS 8.2.

In our announcement post, we had asked readers to proceed with caution, because this is the first time TaiG has released a jailbreak. Today, MuscleNerd, member of the evad3rs team, confirmed that the TaiG jailbreak is safe and contains nothing “too unsettling.”

The “light fingerprinting” MuscleNerd writes refers to some data that TaiG sends back to its server, which you can see here. But MuscleNerd says this isn’t very serious, and recommends jailbreakers to update from iOS 8.1 to iOS 8.1.1 with TaiG.

Source : http://www.iphonehac...break-safe.html