Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

iPad 1 with 5.1.1 jailbreak - what are my "new" possibilities

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

husoizzle

husoizzle

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 58m 23s

Hi

After a recent break up with my girlfriend, she gave me back an old iPad i borrowed her.

It has 5.1.1 and has jailbreak and wasnt updated since ages. 

So now before just selling it, I´d like to use it as a Table Media Center in my car for Audio, Video and Navigation.

i tried to install Navigon on it - but i just could find cracked Navigon versions where 5.1.1 is too old for it.

So my question to you all is - what should i do?

To which iOS should i upgrade and how does it work with the jailbreak if my device is already jailbroken.

Best regards

r3tribut10n

r3tribut10n

Like the wind!

• IC Trusted User
  • 702 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 9h 44m 2s
  • LocationUk
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, MacBook Pro, iHave a PC
Not sure it will work on your system as its a bit outdated BUT there is a jailbreak app that works the same as car play will post up about it in the news shortly

Just checked and you can't install iOS 6 onwards so not a lot you can do with it really

Edited by r3tribut10n, 01 December 2014 - 12:43 PM.

husoizzle

husoizzle

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 58m 23s

hmm so im not able to update to iOS 6?

can you tell me which offline navigation works for this iPad?! especially which version.... i´d like to install Navigon since im used to it.

r3tribut10n

r3tribut10n

Like the wind!

• IC Trusted User
  • 702 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 9h 44m 2s
  • LocationUk
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, MacBook Pro, iHave a PC
I'm not sure which country you are in so would be hard to point u in the right direction, navigon would be ok I guess it's much lighter than tomtom
Ios 5 is around 3 yrs behind so even if you could install some maps wouldn't be fully updated

Nope iOS 5 was the last support from Apple for,the iPad 1 there may be some hack to push iOS 6 onto it but I doubt it's still around plus the newer the iOS the harder your chip works and the slower things get
  • hotsjf likes this

milman

milman

Pro Caker

• IC Member
  • 103 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 21h 14m 8s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPhone 5, iPad 1, iPad Air
Ipad 1 is good for watching youtube, Online Tv ...play some games like Candy Crush o listening music and read the books no more than that he is a "dinosaur" especially iOS 5 very slow and crashing all the time! but iOS 4 yes!! faster and very good with oldest Apps.

Eevn

Eevn

CyCake Dev

• Developers
  • 25 posts
    • Time Online: 20h 9m 36s
Quasar is an old jailbreak tweak that worked with that version if I'm correct. It's a multitasking tweak that allows you to have multiple apps on the screen at the same time.
  • hotsjf likes this