Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Weird Uncontrollable Actions on iPad Mini

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Error4040404

Error4040404

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 21 posts
    • Time Online: 18h 40m 23s

First of all, Happy Holidays everyone :)

Ok, so my iPad Mini 1st gen is Jailbroken on iOS 8.1 and has been since Pangu's release. I did everything right, encountered no problems, until today that is.

I was playing  a game when my keyboard started to pop up and close randomly. I exited out of the game, and went on to the  Google Chrome app. I opened a new tab, and then more stuff started to happen. It kept swicthing between tabs I had open, closed tabs, opened tabs went on websites etc. I then closed out of that and switched pages on the home screen, soon that was happening uncontrollably too, it went from left to right and then I tried to move page, it would make the animation that it moved but it stayed on the same page. I tapped on an app, and it  took it as if I held on the icon and the apps starting dancing for deleting. 

Also, I was in the Photos app, and then randomly the Settings app opened up. The thing is I haven't installed anything from Cydia recently, I haven't downloaded any .Deb files from the internet and I haven't messed with my filesystem either.

I suspected a virus, so I went on to the internet and looked for any Jailbreak viruses that could be controlling my device. The only one I saw on the internet is WireLurker which I do not have as I don't have a Mac (I also checked in my filesystem). I also ran my device through iCleaner, Resprung my device and then restarted my device after to see if that cleared the problem. I went on to the AppCake app to make a topic on this, I wanted to type and I sprung up the keyboard.  But the page refreshed continuously for no reason at which I decided to close the app and post this topic on Puffin. It just happens everywhere now, keyboard popping up, multitasking, the URL Box etc.

I'd like to know why my iPad is having these random uncontrollable actions and what I can do to resolve it. Any help is appreciated.

Error4040404

Error4040404

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 21 posts
    • Time Online: 18h 40m 23s
Ok, so I've discovered that the touchscreen on a certain side of my device is broken, as it taps uncontrollably. This still happens in Safe Mode, and the only way to get rid of it (Temporary) is to lock my device and unlock it again. That side is not broken at all, but a bit of it is cracked, there were no problems before, I don't know what is happening now. Please help me :(

Edit: Managed to catch this on video

https://www.dropbox.... 02 46.mov?dl=0

Chikipata94

Chikipata94

G.O.D

• IC Uploader
  • 3,353 posts
    • Time Online: 47d 19h 39m 48s
  • Twitter:chikipata94
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, MacBook Air, iHave a PC

I think your screen was broken. Restore you device and go to Apple