Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AppCake keeps crashing.....please help

Best Answer richrock , 06 February 2015 - 02:58 PM

Thank you both!!  I uninstalled AppCake, removed the /var/mobile/Media/AppCake file, reinstalled AppCake, and it seems to be working correctly.  I think the trick was deleting the mentioned file.  I had uninstalled and reinstalled AppCake before, but it didn't fix the problem.  Removing that file seems to have worked.

Thanks again!!

Go to the full post »

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

richrock

richrock

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 5 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 13m 38s

So AppCake has been working just fine until a few days ago.   I had three regulard downloads in progress, along with 2 torrent dowloads.  Now....both torrents dowloads are no longer there, and the 3 regular downloads have a "blue progress line" like they are downloading, but they all say "paused" underneath.  If I tap one, I get the option to 'resume/cancel download', but choosing resume changes the progress line from blue to red on ALL three downloads, and then the app crashes to the main Ipad screen.  If I try to look at the "Downloaded" tab in AppCake, I get a weird screen with "ghost images" of other AppCake screens, and then a couple seconds later it crashes back the main Ipad screen.  I'm running a JB Ipad, 8.1.2 IOS, AppCake version 4.9

Thanks for any and all help/suggestions

Rock

alienopo

alienopo

Quality from Space.

• IC Uploader
  • 8,080 posts
    • Time Online: 93d 17h 33m 16s
  • iDevices Owned:N/A
@richrock
Delete AppCake -> reboot -> Install again.
If don`t help write here.
(remember to write @alienopo after your reply).

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,636 posts
    • Time Online: 192d 8h 2m 50s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8
also try remove this folder and reinstall AppCake

/var/mobile/Media/AppCake
  • alienopo likes this

alienopo

alienopo

Quality from Space.

• IC Uploader
  • 8,080 posts
    • Time Online: 93d 17h 33m 16s
  • iDevices Owned:N/A
@hotsjf
Maybe you should add function to "clean" AppCake.
I mean to make app fresh like after install.
  • hotsjf likes this

richrock

richrock

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 5 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 13m 38s
✓  Best Answer

Thank you both!!  I uninstalled AppCake, removed the /var/mobile/Media/AppCake file, reinstalled AppCake, and it seems to be working correctly.  I think the trick was deleting the mentioned file.  I had uninstalled and reinstalled AppCake before, but it didn't fix the problem.  Removing that file seems to have worked.

Thanks again!!

• hotsjf and alienopo like this

turntkiddxd

turntkiddxd

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 9m 14s

I'm having the same issue and even after removing the app and deleting files from ifiles to reinstall it I still have no luck :( 

pttx

pttx

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 41m 39s

Same here on iOS 10.2 Yalu Jailbreak. It worked last year, didnt use the app for a long time and now it crashes a few seconds after startup. Already deleted the app, removed that folder and reinstalled the app. At first it looked like it helped because it was loading a little longer and that twitter message popped up but then it crashed again.

Ghay

Ghay

• IC Uploader
  • 21,936 posts
    • Time Online: 106d 13h 39m 20s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, iHave a PC
<p>Have u resigned it as only last 7 days using impactor</p>