Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Turn installed app into IPA file (repackage installed cracked app)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,064 posts
    • Time Online: 22d 6h 13m 14s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 4, iPad Air, iMac, iHave a PC

Hello friends!

I recently noticed that I have a number of cracked apps installed on my iPad that don't exist on any filehosts anymore.

These were the latest versions of certain apps cracked by crackers that aren't on the scene anymore.

An example: I was trying to get Thor Polysonic Synth to work with Audiobus. The only version of Thor I could find (not just on AppCake, but on the whole of the net) was version 1.0.1. This version is not compatible with Audiobus. Thor version 1.1.1 was released and is compatible with Audiobus. Unfortunately, all the links for 1.1.1 are dead everywhere.

I have cracked version 1.1.1 installed on an older iPad. I decided to try and create an IPA myself, from the installed app.

Here's how:

• Find the App folder in Applications. (Lets say "BexN" app)
  • Copy BexN.app folder, iTunesArtwork & iTunesMetadata.plist into a new folder called Payload
  • Compress the Payload folder into a ZIP
  • Rename the ZIP extension to IPA
  • (Don't forget to rename the file and give credit to the original cracker!)

Now you have a backup IPA of the app that is currently installed, and you can install it on other devices with the IPA file.

I tested this converting an installed app (Thor 1.1.1) on iOS 7.1.2, using the method above, and installing the IPA on a different iPad running iOS 8.3.

Hope this helps ! :)

• hotsjf, Cosmicalninja and t4ch4_p0k like this

alienopo

alienopo

Quality from Space.

• IC Uploader
  • 8,080 posts
    • Time Online: 93d 17h 33m 16s
  • iDevices Owned:N/A

@BexN

Good point.

If you`ll edit bundleVersion or/and bundleVersionfunction your phone will also recognise this apps as newest version.:P

• BexN and t4ch4_p0k like this

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,064 posts
    • Time Online: 22d 6h 13m 14s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 4, iPad Air, iMac, iHave a PC

@BexN

Good point.

If you`ll edit bundleVersion or/and bundleVersionfunction your phone will also recognise this apps as newest version. :P

The idea with this post was not to 'spoof' the bundleVersion, but to get a proper update :)