Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AppCake crashes on start up

Best Answer Hum@xel , 18 July 2015 - 12:17 PM

Did my Iphone to same way as my Ipad yesterday (#12), @ll up and running great, appcake works like a dream ......over and out (solved)

Kind regards Hum@xel

:yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Hum@xel

Hum@xel

Caker

• IC Member
  • 30 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 26m 44s
  • LocationThe Top of The World
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5S, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPad 2, MacBook Pro, iHave a PC

Hi Appcake friends nice forum :)

Jailbreaking for some time now but still mutch to lern.

Looking for help : appcake crashes on startup on 2 devises Iphone 5s and Ipad2 ios 8.4

Regards Hum@xel

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 5h 9m 30s
  • Twitter:cosmicaln1nja
  • Locationthe UK
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPhone SE, iPad Mini, iPad 4, MacBook Pro
  • Most used iOS:iOS 8

Hi @Hum@xel, firstly welcome to AppCake :D

To fix your problem can you please try this, turn off your device, turn it back on and hold the volume up button until the device is booted. This will put the device into a safe mode, now see if you can use AppCake app. If it does work then it means you have a tweak installed that is interfering with the AppCake app itself.

• hotsjf, BexN, SiteJester and 1 other like this

Hum@xel

Hum@xel

Caker

• IC Member
  • 30 posts
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5S, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPad 2, MacBook Pro, iHave a PC

Thanks m8 but cant get it in safe mode  :fie:

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
  • Locationthe UK

When you boot up like i asked you to it will NOT say anything about safe mode. The only way i can tell the difference is that springtomize isn't working. Even Cydia still shows up and works so that you can uninstall tweaks. You may actually right now be in safe mode without knowing it!

• Hum@xel likes this

Hum@xel

Hum@xel

Caker

• IC Member
  • 30 posts

you are right lol all my tweaks are gone but appcake still crashes on startup :(

(ios8.4 jailbreaked TaiG Premium)

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
  • Locationthe UK

remove AppCake from source and then install it again from cydia.iphonecake.com, the only official repo.

• Hum@xel likes this

Hum@xel

Hum@xel

Caker

• IC Member
  • 30 posts

Its  from official repo m8 and tried reinstalling, downgrade, cleaning up but still same thing :(

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,666 posts
    • Time Online: 194d 26m 45s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8
Some people reported this, but we can not replicate this crash, only suggestion is do a fresh restore.

Hum@xel

Hum@xel

Caker

• IC Member
  • 30 posts

On 2 different devises then something not right m8

Hum@xel

Hum@xel

Caker

• IC Member
  • 30 posts

And both fresh restored all other apps working fine with out problems

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
  • Locationthe UK

And both fresh restored all other apps working fine with out problems

a ball ache i know, but @hotsjf is suggesting a full restore and a re-jailbreak if you are able to. 

Hum@xel

Hum@xel

Caker

• IC Member
  • 30 posts

Wanted to like your post.....(You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day) Big LOL why quota on this???? 

First I did full restore as new on my Ipad and new jailbreak, then restore backup and now appcake app seams to work :D

Will do Iphone tomorrow....... BIG THANKS For nice support @Cosmicalninja @hotsjf  :cool: 

will come back with new status as soon as its done  :gamer: 

Kinde Regards Hum@xel

• hotsjf likes this

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac

Wanted to like your post.....(You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day) Big LOL why quota on this???? 

First I did full restore as new on my Ipad and new jailbreak, then restore backup and now appcake app seams to work :D

Will do Iphone tomorrow....... BIG THANKS For nice support @Cosmicalninja @hotsjf  :cool: 

will come back with new status as soon as its done  :gamer: 

Kinde Regards Hum@xel

the quota is for anti-spam, you never know what those spammers can do ;)

Hum@xel

Hum@xel

Caker

• IC Member
  • 30 posts

I think in my backup there is old appcake app and if you load that in first maybe it gives problems.

• hotsjf likes this

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationUSA
good to know you fixed it.

Hum@xel

Hum@xel

Caker

• IC Member
  • 30 posts
✓  Best Answer

Did my Iphone to same way as my Ipad yesterday (#12), @ll up and running great, appcake works like a dream ......over and out (solved)

Kind regards Hum@xel

:yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo: