Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NKLumia to iPhone !!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

SitalAgarwal

SitalAgarwal

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 4 posts
    • Time Online: 25m 6s

Yes I am planning to buy iPhone5 but before that I would like to know few things which often strikes in my mind. Right now using Nokia Lumia.

Things I would like to about iPhone:

# Performance : Hows the performance of this phone compare to others in the market. If you see the price it's high compare to other.

# Restrictions : I heard this has so many restrictions. You can not down-upload from external resources. So I would like to know does this have enough resources of it's own like games, apps and other essential stuffs of smart phone?

# Security : I know it provides tough security but even though any loop-holes.

# Memory : Does it run well in built memory? I mean the speed.

I hope I am able to put forward my queries well.

So friends help me out to select the best :)

Thanks

SA

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 5h 9m 30s
  • Twitter:cosmicaln1nja
  • Locationthe UK
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPhone SE, iPad Mini, iPad 4, MacBook Pro
  • Most used iOS:iOS 8

Hi @SitalAgarwal, let me try to break your questions down to help you.

#Performance: You are buying into the ethos of Apple, others have done everything an iPhone can do before. Possibly a couple of years before. So what Apple does is take what others have done before and refine it beyond what others can even comprehend. This means your iPhone will be faster and smoother than other devices on the market. Not only that but it will feel better than others and most importantly, look better. Even Samsung have moved in the same direction as Apple with housed in batteries to make a uni-form device after years of promoting they allow a battery change.

#Restrictions: Back in the 70's Apple built their first computer using the Unix OS, even today the iPhones, iPads and Macs run on Unix. This means that the platform is a lot more flexible than that of say the Windows OS. The way the iPhone OS is designed means that the user parts are sandboxed. This means they operate in their own environment on terms stated by Apple. Believe it or not it is a lot cleaner than the way Windows works. It means that nothing gets in to any kind of Registry and nothing can take over the boot sectors etc like viruses or Malware. Even today malware has only existed on Jailbroken devices. However this does mean that you cannot install anything downloaded from external sources appwise. Ringtones can be installed from external sources using iTunes on a desktop/laptop computer.

#Security: Like previously stated, everything works in a sandbox, it cannot be broken out of without jailbreaking. Along with this the stock security from Apple is second to none. iMessage is an encrypted message service which even Apple do not hold the keys to. The American authorities are not happy with this as they cannot monitor communications. Apple Pay holds none of your details on any of the devices you input your card numbers etc on to so you are safe there. If you are US based then i think the health app works with your doctor, again Apple hold no records of what you record or share with the doctor/hospital. iCloud remains a big security issue with hackers as no one has managed to breach it since the iPhone 4(@MONGOLO is very interested in the iCloud bypass). Now if you lose your device or have it stolen with iCloud activated the device is useless as you can not only remote control it but find it using the "find my iphone" app and also remote wipe it if need be. This all adds up to a very secure device.

#Memory: The iPhone 5 comes with 1gb RAM inside it. Android phones do come with more power but thanks to Apple's unique task manager switcher your memory is freed up as much as possible at all times. Being as you cannot add anything to a start up task manager means the phone will always boot up as quick as it did the first time you turned it on.

The difference between the look and feel from a Nokia Lumia and an iPhone is immense. You will enjoy taking out your iPhone and checking emails and notifications a whole lot more than your Nokia Lumia right now. Get the iPhone 5 and enjoy being part of the Apple experience, you will not look back.

• MONGOLO and alienopo like this

t4ch4_p0k

t4ch4_p0k

Caker

• IC Member
  • 36 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 15h 57m 47s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 5S, iHave a PC

@SitalAgarwal, i also nokia user before (symbian), after that using android. i never used windows phone before but what im trying to say is, i feel ios response very quick not like two OS i use before. after a few months using iphone, i feel my galaxy note really slow, not because the note is outdated but i feel the response too slow, like the note screen stuck when i try to swipe the screen. but its like @Cosmicalninja explaination, u have to try it first. :)

SitalAgarwal

SitalAgarwal

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 4 posts
    • Time Online: 25m 6s

Thanks admin and @t4ch4_p0k for explaining the points in details. I guess I have to try it once.

Btw one last point - if somehow I forget the system password then I have to go the service center, wait in long queue and get it done in some days time OR is there any online support from where I can take help and solve it myself? I just want to know because mobile becomes a daily need stuff specially for me :).

Thanks again

SA

MONGOLO

MONGOLO

Un-Certified Troll

• IC Trusted User
  • 978 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 10h 38m 2s
  • Twitter:@M0NGOLO
  • LocationtheHub
  • Facebook:i use myspace
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iHave a PC
  • Donations:BTC 1AE1fiQ4kjxkDf6ZZTrLXwhxvSsBAPDR4y

Thanks admin and @t4ch4_p0k for explaining the points in details. I guess I have to try it once.

Btw one last point - if somehow I forget the system password then I have to go the service center, wait in long queue and get it done in some days time OR is there any online support from where I can take help and solve it myself? I just want to know because mobile becomes a daily need stuff specially for me :).

Thanks again

SA

about this I want to know is there a way to remove your iOS password without restoring the device, beacasue a lot fo times poeple legit forgot their password and they didnt have ilcoud backup on, so they dont want to loose all their files to a restore.

@Cosmicalninja excellent review

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 5h 9m 30s
  • Twitter:cosmicaln1nja
  • Locationthe UK
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPhone SE, iPad Mini, iPad 4, MacBook Pro
  • Most used iOS:iOS 8

about this I want to know is there a way to remove your iOS password without restoring the device, beacasue a lot fo times poeple legit forgot their password and they didnt have ilcoud backup on, so they dont want to loose all their files to a restore.

@Cosmicalninja excellent review

WRITE IT DOWN, you are never getting back in without a restore.

If you are lucky you can plug your device into your laptop, take a backup, restore and restore the backup from 10 minutes ago.