Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

iOS 9 Pangu JailBreak - ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,602 posts
    • Time Online: 191d 2h 45m 55s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

This is a MEGA thread for all information about iOS 9 Pangu Jailbreak

Tutorials:

How to jailbreak iOS 9 with Pangu

BUGS:

Apps crash on start? The app may not cracked properly, same thing happened with iOS 8 JB

iOS 9 jailbreak tweaks compatibility list

FAQ:

AppCake and AppSync Unified on iOS 9 JB?

• lookerjdc, BexN and SiteJester like this

SiteJester

SiteJester

Site Jester

• IC Moderator
  • 458 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 7h 48m 37s
  • iDevices Owned:iPad Air
Great post @hotsjf

r3tribut10n

r3tribut10n

Like the wind!

• IC Trusted User
  • 694 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 2h 16m 1s
  • LocationUk
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, MacBook Pro, iHave a PC

Be careful installing pangu ios 9 jailbreak so far 3 devices refuse to open cydia without crashing, seems to be a prob with old cydia files on devices, trying something different and if it works will let you all know

• SiteJester likes this

s3w2

s3w2

Caker

• IC Member
  • 44 posts
    • Time Online: 5h 36m 31s

Thanks for the post and for your work!

Still, there's one question regarding AppSync Unified and AppCake/ppsync. I've used Pangu 1.0.1 to jailbreak and installed AppCake from your repo. When I try to install an app from you, i get the alert saying that there is no ASU install, asking if I want to proceed with the installation. I choose yes, but get the error -999 and no app is installed.

Is really ppsync bundled in the actual AppCake version? (It's not installed in Cydia packs)

I don't want to install ASU right away since there are many reports saying that some iPhones kept rebooting in loop. I'll install ppsync if that's the solution.

Again, thank you!

EDIT: One more thing, after the error -999, I get the iPhone interface all messed. Most of icons are gone, not even a reboot solves it. The solution I found is to install a tweak, like PreferenceLoader (which installes Cydia Substrate and Mobile Substrate). Afterwards, everthing looks OK.

EDIT2: Repeated everything. Get interface all messed up after error -999. Reinstalling AppCake brings everything to normal, but apps can't still be installed.

EDIT3: Installed AppSync Unified from Karen's repo cydia.angelxwind.net. Everything works fine.

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,602 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac

Thanks for the post and for your work!

Still, there's one question regarding AppSync Unified and AppCake/ppsync. I've used Pangu 1.0.1 to jailbreak and installed AppCake from your repo. When I try to install an app from you, i get the alert saying that there is no ASU install, asking if I want to proceed with the installation. I choose yes, but get the error -999 and no app is installed.

Is really ppsync bundled in the actual AppCake version? (It's not installed in Cydia packs)

I don't want to install ASU right away since there are many reports saying that some iPhones kept rebooting in loop. I'll install ppsync if that's the solution.

Again, thank you!

EDIT: One more thing, after the error -999, I get the iPhone interface all messed. Most of icons are gone, not even a reboot solves it. The solution I found is to install a tweak, like PreferenceLoader (which installes Cydia Substrate and Mobile Substrate). Afterwards, everthing looks OK.

EDIT2: Repeated everything. Get interface all messed up after error -999. Reinstalling AppCake brings everything to normal, but apps can't still be installed.

EDIT3: Installed AppSync Unified from Karen's repo cydia.angelxwind.net. Everything works fine.

In your case, ASU works better for you

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,064 posts
    • Time Online: 22d 6h 13m 14s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 4, iPad Air, iMac, iHave a PC

I am happy with ASU and AppCake on my iPad Air running iOS 9.0.2 with Pangu 1.0.0

Everything is working fine after a clean install of iOS 9.0.2

• hotsjf likes this

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,064 posts
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 4, iPad Air, iMac, iHave a PC

Trying to jailbreak my iPhone 5 with Pangu 1.0.1,

DFU restore to 2.0.1 each time,

Crashes at 90%, screen goes grey.

Also Pangu "Error occured in preparing the environment, err code (51)"

First time around, "Jailbreak Completed" but Cydia would not install any apps (like iFile), claiming all dependencies were missing or unavailable.

FIX: After Err code (51), I ran Pangu again, and it was able to jailbreak my iPhone. (??)

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,064 posts

Pangu 9 v1.0.1 Mirrors :

FileShack : https://fileshack.net/d1vgnz359yuc

FilePup : http://www.filepup.n...1444951780.html

Pangu 9 v1.1.0 Mirrors :

FilePup : http://www.filepup.n...1445644054.html

tm21

tm21

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 22 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 26m 39s

Be careful installing pangu ios 9 jailbreak so far 3 devices refuse to open cydia without crashing, seems to be a prob with old cydia files on devices, trying something different and if it works will let you all know

Sadly I have the same problem on my mini2..

s3w2

s3w2

Caker

• IC Member
  • 44 posts

Sadly I have the same problem on my mini2..

I've had to do a clean install on my iPhone 6. Reset -> Delete everything, restored to a clean 9.0.2, then Pangu 1.0.1 worked flawlessly. Cydia is working fine.

s3w2

s3w2

Caker

• IC Member
  • 44 posts

In your case, ASU works better for you

Yes, but take note of this.

I installed AppCake from your repo and as soon as I tried to install an app from you it showed a message saying that I didn't had Appsync Installed and made no reference to ppsync, which made me think that:

a) there's an issue with ppsync bundled on AppCake;

B) That error message is outdated since it's checking for ASU but not for ppsync.

Anyway, I got crashes from using AppCake without ASU. After installing ASU from Karen's repo, everything worked out fine.

Thanks!

• hotsjf likes this

r3tribut10n

r3tribut10n

Like the wind!

• IC Trusted User
  • 694 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 2h 16m 1s
  • LocationUk
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, MacBook Pro, iHave a PC
Yes you do need to do a backup 1st then put device into dfu mode, let it factory reset then go through the backup restore, then jailbreak

I got appmake 4.95 and appsync unified from Karen's repo, downloaded 2 apps last night NO ISSUES with appmake and no errors

zachary

zachary

IC L.E.G.E.N.D

• IC Uploader
  • 11,758 posts
    • Time Online: 73d 7h 11m 48s
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Zachary_cracks
  • LocationEU
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 6, iPad Mini 3, iHave a PC
  • Donations:Use Itunes Gift cards
Today i install Essential Updates from Cydia on Iphone6 and after reboot i lost everything from Sources and Cydia Featured Tweeks, everything is gone, empty,
Once again dont install updates if your device is working normal.

Does someone knows why is that happened, and how to get all back as before the updates, or new Restore and new JB

AlphaWulf

AlphaWulf

Caker

• IC Member
  • 84 posts
    • Time Online: 4h 2m 52s

My friend installed the jailbreak when it first released and his phone got stuck in a restart loop. He has the iPhone 6s and now I'm worried about jailbreaking my 6

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,602 posts
  • LocationUSA

My friend installed the jailbreak when it first released and his phone got stuck in a restart loop. He has the iPhone 6s and now I'm worried about jailbreaking my 6

I had no problem at all for my 6s and iPad

zachary

zachary

IC L.E.G.E.N.D

• IC Uploader
  • 11,758 posts
  • LocationEU

all what you need to know about Pangu Jb Tool is to stay away from it....

Wait for Taig Jailbrake tool.

lookerjdc

lookerjdc

Pro Caker

• iPASTORE
  • 144 posts
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini with Retina, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac

its been working for me flawlessly on my iPad Air... havent installed it on my iPhone 6+ yet but its been stable - no crashes, etc, etc  

Edus

Edus

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 25m 57s
  • LocationUnited States
My iPad Air 2 9.0.2 is jail broken and works like it did on 8.4 jailbreak,only difference is some of my tweaks does not work. But I found alternatives.

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,602 posts
  • LocationUSA

My iPad Air 2 9.0.2 is jail broken and works like it did on 8.4 jailbreak,only difference is some of my tweaks does not work. But I found alternatives.

yep, Pangu iOS 9 Jailbreak works perfect for me as well

zachary

zachary

IC L.E.G.E.N.D

• IC Uploader
  • 11,758 posts
  • LocationEU

post_offline.pngAnd what about Missing repos and sources ?  

Confirmed that on 1.1.2 JB tool i get the same errors, Repos and sources are MISSING even the device has been cleaned on Icleaner, reboots the missing folders from cydia is not available...

PANGU JB TOOL on 1.1.2 has SAME ERRORS as the before...