Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Apple Tv Apps

Apple Tv

Best Answer hotsjf , 29 December 2015 - 08:22 AM

That also requires a Jailbreak of ATV4, so no other way around

Go to the full post »

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ostaryus

ostaryus

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 28m 30s
Hi,

I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed before. I am looking for ipa files for new Apple TV 4th generation. I have searched internet but no luck. Is there anyplan to do this at iphonecake? Thanks in advance.

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,696 posts
    • Time Online: 194d 23h 57m 1s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

ATV4 files are only available on ATV, and there is no JB for ATV yet, so no, we can not do it until there is a JB for ATV4

• lookerjdc and ostaryus like this

ostaryus

ostaryus

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 28m 30s

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking would it be possible to make a store like iPASTORE on iPhone and iPad. Or is it possible to have ipa files of Apple Tv apps so that be able to install apps using Xcode and sideloading. Especially, I am interested in Infuse Pro app for Apple Tv.

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,696 posts
    • Time Online: 194d 23h 57m 1s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8
✓  Best Answer

That also requires a Jailbreak of ATV4, so no other way around

• ostaryus likes this

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 5h 9m 30s
  • Twitter:cosmicaln1nja
  • Locationthe UK
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPhone SE, iPad Mini, iPad 4, MacBook Pro
  • Most used iOS:iOS 8

Hi,

I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed before. I am looking for ipa files for new Apple TV 4th generation. I have searched internet but no luck. Is there anyplan to do this at iphonecake? Thanks in advance.

The art of jailbreaking opens up the system so 3rd party apps can be loaded on to the OS, the likes of Cydia. When the Apple TV is jailbroken this also happens so that other software can be loaded on to the system. This is how people got the season pass going on. Unfortunately the ATV has not been jailbroken since the 2nd generation.

Now what can be done as a small work around is to use a jailbroken iPad or iPhone to mirror across to the ATV to open up the access you possibly want. I do this with the ATV3 and my jailbroken iPad for streaming certain live streams. I also use my ATV to stream from Mac on to the TV.

In this respect i don't need to look for a jailbroken ATV and it doesn't make me mad about no jb for ATV :)

• hotsjf likes this