Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

iTunes Sync Issues on Windows or Mac

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 11,721 posts
    • Time Online: 275d 15h 53m 8s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12
I have had many sync issues with iTunes over the past year and gave up on it.
Funny enough I was reading through Apple Support and found an article to deal with the issue.

Well guess what it worked and my 2 devices that wouldn't sync before are now working again.

Source: https://support.appl.../en-ca/HT203887

Reset the Lockdown folder in iTunes

If you can't sync, back up, or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you might need to reset the Lockdown folder on your Mac or PC.

Don't follow these steps unless an Apple advisor or another support article instructs you to.

OS X
1.Disconnect all iOS devices from your computer.
2.Quit iTunes.
3.In Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
4.Type /var/db/lockdown and press Return.
5.Choose View > as Icons. In the Finder window, you should see one or more files that have alphanumeric file names.
6.In Finder, choose Edit > Select All.
7.Choose File > Move to Trash. You might have to enter an administrator password.

8.Empty Trash to delete the files.

With OS X, you delete the files in the Lockdown folder, but not the folder itself.

Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10
1.Disconnect all iOS devices from your computer.
2.Quit iTunes.
3.Press the Windows key on your keyboard. If your keyboard doesn't have a Windows key, press the Control (Ctrl) and Escape (Esc) keys on your keyboard.
4.Click on the magnifying icon or search field. In the search field, enter %ProgramData% and press Return.
Double-click the Apple folder.
6.Right-click the Lockdown folder and choose Delete.
7.Restart your computer and iOS device. If you don't, you might see error "0xE80003" when you reconnect the device and open iTunes.

Windows XP
1.Unplug all iOS devices from your computer.
2.Quit iTunes.
3.Choose Start > Run.
4.Type %AllUsersProfile% and click Run.
5.Double-click the Application Data folder.
6.Double-click the Apple folder.
7.Right-click the Lockdown folder and choose Delete.
8.Restart your computer and iOS device. If you don't, you might see error "0xE80003" when you reconnect the device and open iTunes.

ferdylols

ferdylols

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 41m 44s
First of all: thank you for your effort!
But it still doesn't work on my Windows laptop/tablet.

Eventually I just installed the v**** client for Windows so it could install the apple driver that way.
Now I can manage my phone without a problem and without that bad program of an iTunes.

Kind regards,

Fer