Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help compiling app (openFrameworks v0074)

Best Answer hotsjf , 27 June 2016 - 12:58 PM

@hotsjf Thanks for giving it a shot! Much appreciated..

Might have found a work-around for ofxiPhoneAppDelegate here : https://forum.openfr...p-delegate/9609

But not sure if it would work for this particular situation..

Would love to get this compiled somehow, even if it's not compatible on iOS 8. I run iOS 5 on my old iPad, and iOS 4 on an old iPod Touch.

I'd throw you a big tasty bone if you can continue messing around with this in your spare time.

Let me know if you're up for the task. :) Thanks hotsjf

mate, the topic you found is actually irrelevant :(

I think the file in question is no longer exist in current OF, also the topic you found is from 2012, so it won't apply to current SDK

And I don't think I can compile the project anyway, because to do that, I need to have iOS 4 SDK, which was discontinued from Apple long time ago

Really sorry, can't help much Go to the full post »

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,064 posts
    • Time Online: 22d 6h 13m 14s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 4, iPad Air, iMac, iHave a PC

Hey friends,

I was able to snag the source code to a cool sampling / looping app that no longer exists on the AppStore. It was only available for testing purposes at the time.

I have done some programming in the past, but never for Mac or iOS... Can someone compile this for me? It can be compiled in openFrameworks version 0074. I am trying myself, but do not have a Mac, and am having issues downloading the OF iPhone software, so things are more complicated.

The person I got this from recommended compiling this in version 0074. Please try it with any OF version you may have.

Here is a link to openFrameworks 0074 versions: http://openframework...ersions/v0.7.4/

Here is the link to the source code: http://www.filepup.n...1466880831.html

Please help me revive this unique and fun music tool! I will credit you any way I can.

-- thanks --

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,636 posts
    • Time Online: 192d 8h 7m 45s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8
I think this project can't be compiled with current openframework,

here is the error I got when I try to compile

fcc5d608b0.png

Also, this project is built for iOS 4.3, so I'm pretty sure it won't work well on iOS 8 and later.

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,064 posts
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 4, iPad Air, iMac, iHave a PC

Might have found a work-around for ofxiPhoneAppDelegate here : https://forum.openfr...p-delegate/9609

Would love to get this compiled somehow, even if it's not compatible on iOS 8. I run iOS 5 on my old iPad, and iOS 4 on an old iPod Touch.

I'd throw you a big tasty bone if you can continue messing around with this in your spare time.

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,636 posts
    • Time Online: 192d 8h 7m 45s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8
✓  Best Answer

mate, the topic you found is actually irrelevant :(

I think the file in question is no longer exist in current OF, also the topic you found is from 2012, so it won't apply to current SDK

And I don't think I can compile the project anyway, because to do that, I need to have iOS 4 SDK, which was discontinued from Apple long time ago

Really sorry, can't help much
  • BexN likes this

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,064 posts

@hotsjf Thank you again for taking the time to look into this.

I have a working version for PC from the source, but it looks like an iOS version is dead for good.

There are YT videos of some who received a demo (beta) of this as an IPA for iPad.. But that was a long time ago.

I'll consider this project dead for now, unless someone can come along and resurrect it.

Much love!