Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dry streak - Crackers coming back?

Best Answer hotsjf , 04 July 2016 - 08:52 PM

Hey

I can see that you are a senior jailbreaker and AppCake user

One of the biggest reason for the current situation was that there is no jailbreak for too long. People lost JB so the community lost population and crackers lost interest
It explains why the 'side loaded apps' are so popular now, people don't have to be jailbreak to use tweaks now

AppCake 5 was the plan I came up for the next few years of JB community. It was supposed to be a more closed content generation system. But I guess it didn't do a good job. But again it needs a JB to make the entire new system to run properly. Bottom line, we need a lot of money to buy and crack those apps

Crackers may not be credited on the app now, but certainly I will find other ways to compensate them. Again I need a JB first

Last, widow is back, he had some personal matters
Locophone is the flag of ICPDA team. Most responsible cracker IMO
Teiron I think it's just apps leeched from 25pp. I guess Chinese pirates lost interest too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Go to the full post »

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

frank-the-madman

frank-the-madman

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
    • Time Online: 5h 18m 40s
Hi guys,

I'm an Appcake user for at least three years now (just entered iOS when Installous went down) and I hope I'm not overreacting but it looks like there are less and less new releases and a lot of crackers have gone AWOL lately.

- Widow basically - for a very long time - was the one releasing most cracked titles. But nothing new from her/him for over a week now (w/o her/him Appcake wouldn't be the same)

- The ICPDA guys obviously have melted down to Locophone-ICPDA (drAdelante long gone, widow doing her own thing, AwesomeRob, Orbicus, alienopo rather short lived)

- k0tyara and triperus not existent anymore and - worse - Teiron seems to be absent lately too.

So for the moment Appcakers who like games are left with telefonbuch, zachary and mrYODA (who seemed to have returned after a long hiatus), a lot of the latest releases coming from mrYODA.

I don't know if it has anything to with this but there's been a steady decline in available new games and I suspect AppCake 5 at least had an impact on that. Of course it's nice people don't need hosters anymore but with this new technique iphonecake also took away the credit from the crackers (now you just download the file and it installs - The cracker isn't even mentioned in the filename when you look in the media/appcake/download5 folder). Sure you can still have Appcake 4.9.6 too but most people probably prefer the newer version.

Since Appcake 5 came out though more and more games never got cracked at all and I suppose that has to do with the fact that crackers don't get any credit anymore (they buy a game, crack the ipa and upload it for everybody for free - Still with version 5 it's invisible who cracked what - Naturally it makes sense that crackers would lose interest when their work isn't even credited with their usernames anymore).

These last days/weeks are still the worst though - Nearly none of the premium games which are or were on the Toucharcade Hot Games list are available (as opposed to the usual "standard" of most titles being available after 1h - 48h of their release): Teeny Titans, Nanuleu, Dead in Bermuda, Neo Turf Masters, Dungeon X Balls, Time to Die, 1979 Revolution, Crypt Of the Necrodancer etc. pp. - None of the major premium releases of the last week/s is available on Appcake.

I usually buy games that I like but I got burned so often by "amazing" reviews about games which I didn't like at all after I bought them. That's why Appcake is such an invaluable service for me - I can try before I buy. (Of course I know that refunds from Apple are possible but they'd cut you off pretty quickly if you'd want a refund for every game you bought and realized you didn't like after a few minutes).

Anyway, is widow coming back? Locophone? Teiron? It looks like we'd be totally screwed without them (Especially in the gaming department)

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,636 posts
    • Time Online: 192d 8h 2m 50s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8
✓  Best Answer
Hey

I can see that you are a senior jailbreaker and AppCake user

One of the biggest reason for the current situation was that there is no jailbreak for too long. People lost JB so the community lost population and crackers lost interest
It explains why the 'side loaded apps' are so popular now, people don't have to be jailbreak to use tweaks now

AppCake 5 was the plan I came up for the next few years of JB community. It was supposed to be a more closed content generation system. But I guess it didn't do a good job. But again it needs a JB to make the entire new system to run properly. Bottom line, we need a lot of money to buy and crack those apps

Crackers may not be credited on the app now, but certainly I will find other ways to compensate them. Again I need a JB first

Teiron I think it's just apps leeched from 25pp. I guess Chinese pirates lost interest too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • frank-the-madman likes this

zachary

zachary

IC L.E.G.E.N.D

• IC Uploader
  • 12,067 posts
    • Time Online: 75d 4h 1m 44s
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Zachary_cracks
  • LocationEU
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPad Mini, iHave a PC
  • Donations:Use Itunes Gift cards

Premium Game " 1979 Revolution " that you are mentioning will be released today as Filled Request btw.... so...  Games are Released as they updated... at least the ones who had links submited before, for the games that havent been released Yet, Wait....they are not for free.... It will be released.... 

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,064 posts
    • Time Online: 22d 6h 13m 14s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 4, iPad Air, iMac, iHave a PC

It's tough to keep a crowd when most people upgrade their devices in hopes of a rumored JB for the latest iOS.

I have been doing my best to keep the music app side of AppCake alive, with new cracks and updates, but I am also having an issue with my ISP vs. Appcake.com, so I cannot post any updates to the database without a VPN, which is also giving me trouble at my already-lackluster internet service speeds.

Another issue for music makers: Non-jailbroken devices running iPASTORE cannot use a few very key features of these audio apps, including Audiobus & InterAppAudio. This is a huge setback to those trying to use their devices to make music, as the apps cannot communicate together as they do on a JB.

I will still hold strong with my JBs on iOS 8.1, 8.4 & 9.0.2 . Here's to hoping some group releases a JB for the world of new iOS!

Best wishes to @hotsjf and the entire crew here on AppCake

• hotsjf and frank-the-madman like this

frank-the-madman

frank-the-madman

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only also started using version 5 when you were able to keep 4.96 too (when I tried 5 for the first time the downloads always aborted, guess still needed some tweaking back then) but I'll have to say I've really grown to like it. Even though my one click hosters on 4.96 have a faster DL speed for me I think the average of 1 MB/s I experience with AC5 is a great DL speed for a free service.

It also takes a little longer for apps/new versions to appear - Guess crackers release on hosters for ipahub or iphonecake/AC 4.96 first and most of the stuff gets uploaded to the Appcake 5 servers later. Also 4.96 seems to have a bigger library of course (with lots of links dead though, much more if it weren't for a certain hoster who thankfully doesn't seem to have to care about DMCA too much).

But I (and I guess most people with JB) still use version 5 now when the app's available there. It's just more convenient and the best thing about it is preservation - One still even finds older apps on there even when every link on 4.96 is dead and the DL speed's always ok.

So to cut to the chase, I don't think of AC 5 as some kind of failure, if anything I prefer it most of the time. But as mentioned in my first post, crackers pay for the apps, do the work cracking it for all of us and upload them. So I thought it made sense that the lack of credit who cracked a file on Appcake 5 could be the reason for some of the decline in cracked apps. After all, credit is often the only thing crackers get (little off topic: the guys ever to reverse engineer Denuvo should get a big party though :) ).

But I haven't thought about the dry streak in new Jailbreaks possibly being the main reason for the declining activity in cracked apps. Makes sense. Well here's to hope then that Pangu/TaiG come up with an iOS 10 JB. If the first beta is any indication at least there's hope. Alas, IOS 9.2 - 9.3.2 don't seem to happen anymore.

Thanks for the nice reply, cleared this up a bit. Also great news that widow is back. And of course, hotsjf forgot to mention you above (amongst a few other crackers who've long left the scene long ago though). If I'm not mistaken you've already cracked a few ipas in your time too ;)
  • hotsjf likes this

frank-the-madman

frank-the-madman

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Premium Game " 1979 Revolution " that you are mentioning will be released today as Filled Request btw.... so... Games are Released as they updated... at least the ones who had links submited before, for the games that havent been released Yet, Wait....they are not for free.... It will be released....

Thanks for the update. Already bought 1979, saw at first glance I'd like the game and the devs certainly deserved my money, so there was no need to try before buy for me. I just mentioned it because it's already been out for about 2 or 3 weeks.

And like I mentioned, I know the crackers pay for the apps of course. My post wasn't meant as a rant or complaint - I just wanted to know if anybody knows the reason behind this steady decline in cracked ipa's (and obvious loss of interest from certain crackers) atm.

Especially in light of this, thanks for your great work on IC and for sticking around here :)

frank-the-madman

frank-the-madman

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

It's tough to keep a crowd when most people upgrade their devices in hopes of a rumored JB for the latest iOS.

Lol, right. Would be nice if there'd be a cure for that. I'm reading for months now that Pangu or TaiG are "going to release a JB next week".
Suppose a lot of people bit there behind for not staying on 9.1. Of course who could have known, even Pangu told folks they can update to 9.2 (or at least tech articles seemed to implicate this). Alas I got my 6s with 9.2 (fortunately also have a 9.0.2 Air) which I'll be staying on until there's a JB for an iOS version Apple's still signing. Better safe than sorry.

I have been doing my best to keep the music app side of AppCake alive, with new cracks and updates, but I am also having an issue with my ISP vs. Appcake.com, so I cannot post any updates to the database without a VPN, which is also giving me trouble at my already-lackluster internet service speeds.

Another issue for music makers: Non-jailbroken devices running iPASTORE cannot use a few very key features of these audio apps, including Audiobus & InterAppAudio. This is a huge setback to those trying to use their devices to make music, as the apps cannot communicate together as they do on a JB.

Wow, some countries/ISP's are going really overboard with this useless, easy to circumvent ban thing. Has started over here too, fortunately our law makers are rather slow on matters like this. On the other hand wouldn't it be better anyway to use a VPN (except HideMyAss of course) for activties like this?

And have to admit I'm not much into Music Apps but from what I read you're doing an amazing job with what you have in that department. I can't wait for a new Jailbreak, my iPhone feels like an expensive brick without it. You need to plug into your PC for every little thing and even though Apple has copied a whole lot from the JB/Cydia scene there are still so many tweaks and apps that make a jailbroken device so much superior over one that is not.

So you're right, here's to hoping for some positive development on that front.

Anyway thanks to all for your nice replies. Guess that cleared it up and I can mark the question as solved?
  • BexN likes this

zachary

zachary

IC L.E.G.E.N.D

• IC Uploader
  • 12,067 posts
  • LocationEU

Thanks for the update. Already bought 1979, saw at first glance I'd like the game and the devs certainly deserved my money, so there was no need to try before buy for me. I just mentioned it because it's already been out for about 2 or 3 weeks.

And like I mentioned, I know the crackers pay for the apps of course. My post wasn't meant as a rant or complaint - I just wanted to know if anybody knows the reason behind this steady decline in cracked ipa's (and obvious loss of interest from certain crackers) atm.

Especially in light of this, thanks for your great work on IC and for sticking around here :)

I will focus on this part "  I just wanted to know if anybody knows the reason behind this steady decline in cracked ipa's (and obvious loss of interest from certain crackers "  this just isnt corect, there is in my opinion no decline in releasing Apps in Appcake, as you awere that not ALL IC Uploaders are Filling request, that"s the issue that Admin"s of Appcake should deal with, 

If more Users will start to buy the Apps and share them the APPCAKE wont depend on few users that are posting Apps, so your statment have no sense at all, Check the " Top Contributors " on Requests, only 3 or 4 users are Filling Users requests.

Someone mentioned that all are waiting the new JB Tool, i dont know why are everyone so focused on new JB Tool, still the 90% of the Apps are still suporting IOS 7, 8 and 9. so there is no reason to users will stop posting it.

Is the Appcake Version 5 good ? for most of the users who are not posting apps, filling requests, yes it it.... for users who are filling your requests, buying Apps, Appcake 5 is offcourse out... is Appcake 5 the reason that we have less Releases that"s the question for Administrators of The Appcake.

frank-the-madman

frank-the-madman

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I will focus on this part " I just wanted to know if anybody knows the reason behind this steady decline in cracked ipa's (and obvious loss of interest from certain crackers " this just isnt corect, there is in my opinion no decline in releasing Apps in Appcake, as you awere that not ALL IC Uploaders are Filling request, that"s the issue that Admin"s of Appcake should deal with,
If more Users will start to buy the Apps and share them the APPCAKE wont depend on few users that are posting Apps, so your statment have no sense at all, Check the " Top Contributors " on Requests, only 3 or 4 users are Filling Users requests.
Someone mentioned that all are waiting the new JB Tool, i dont know why are everyone so focused on new JB Tool, still the 90% of the Apps are still suporting IOS 7, 8 and 9. so there is no reason to users will stop posting it.

Is the Appcake Version 5 good ? for most of the users who are not posting apps, filling requests, yes it it.... for users who are filling your requests, buying Apps, Appcake 5 is offcourse out... is Appcake 5 the reason that we have less Releases that"s the question for Administrators of The Appcake.

Well, when quoting me you left out the "atm" - ... Decline of cracked apps ... at the moment - which was rather crucial to the sentence.

I also wasn't requesting any apps/games (never did before, also forum wouldn't be the right way for this anyway), just listed games which are/were featured on the App Store or on Toucharcade's Hot Games list lately (thus usually the most popular releases) which still aren't cracked (granted, it's picking up a bit again - Crypt of the Necrodancer was released by Teiron (Edit: the ipa seems to be corrupted though) - welcome back China - and you released 1979 like you said above) but a lot of the latest releases are still missing and it usually worked faster.

Or as an older example, the Blackwell Adventure has 5 epsiodes, the first 4 got cracked but the last part which was released 3 months ago still isn't. Again, these are just subjective observations and I'm aware not everything will be cracked. For me it just seems there are less releases lately and that it especially slowed down the last two weeks (see next paragraph)

Probably cause a few crackers had gone AWOL as far as I could gather (widow, Locophone, Teiron, triperus). I only was interested if this could turn out to be a permanent situation (let's face it, Locophone has been in the scene since 2011 and widow is one of the most active and hardworking crackers around - Either one of them leaving the iOS cracking scene would be a huge loss).

And again, this was no complaint, no request or otherwise negatively meant. I'm grateful of your and your colleagues work and was just interested in the state of affairs and if the lack of credit through Appcake 5 could have something to do with some crackers leaving. The chieftain (admin) said the lack of new jailbreaks would be to blame for though and for me that also makes sense, after all a lot of users are on 9.2+ devices - Less demand, less supply?

But I suppose I got the gist of your post - That I'm imagening the decline of new cracked releases and the lack of new Jailbreaks doesn't matter. Would love if that were true but the scene has been more active months ago (again, subjective experience) and that would fit with the dry streak in new Jailbreaks.

Anywho, I'm not entirely sure what to make of the last Appcake 5 part of your post: It seems you're agreeing that it's better for users but not for the guys buying and cracking apps.

At least this brings me to a related question: I'm no cracker but when I've bought a few new games (at least one of them is on top of the request list atm for example) can I help with this? Would it be possible to upload the game somewhere (as ipa) for you or other people to crack? Would gladly do this to support Appcake a bit - If possible of course.

zachary

zachary

IC L.E.G.E.N.D

• IC Uploader
  • 12,067 posts
  • LocationEU
I dont know about other users ( Widow, Loco.,.. ) will they continuing to post apps, maybe they are waiting IOS 10 JB tool, i can say that all my apps that i posted , filled requests till no and in the future will have support for future updates.
As i already mentioned i will not only support older apps from 2014, 2015 and 2016 version are suported.

* Appcake needs fresh blood thats for sure, but Appcake needs quality users that will post quality cracks, not scam apps that Telefonbouch posting 99%.
  • BexN and user_hidden like this

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,064 posts
    • Time Online: 22d 6h 13m 14s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 4, iPad Air, iMac, iHave a PC

Thanks for the kind words, @frank-the-madman :)

Cheers to all of you

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,636 posts
    • Time Online: 192d 8h 2m 50s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

It is the quality users and quality crackers in here keeps the community still alive, thanks to all.

• BexN and zachary like this

Chikipata94

Chikipata94

G.O.D

• IC Uploader
  • 3,353 posts
    • Time Online: 47d 19h 39m 48s
  • Twitter:chikipata94
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, MacBook Air, iHave a PC

Lol I'm still alive :spiteful:

• BexN likes this

bootsie123

bootsie123

Caker

• IC Uploader
  • 80 posts
    • Time Online: 18h 58m 15s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPad Mini, iPad Air 2, iHave a PC

I would help by cracking lot's of apps but I'm on an Ipad Mini 1st gen which has no jailbreak since it is 32 bit. So rip me. Wish there was a jailbroken device emulator. :P