Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Issue cracking TomTom USA Canada tried Clutch & Rasticrac

TomTom Rasticrac Clutch

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

stlmac08

stlmac08

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 12 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 3m 37s

I am not sure if this is the right forum, but I bought TomTom USA Canada app and, for experimentation, tried both Clutch 2.0.4 and Rasticrac 3.3.4b to crack it. Each tool successfully cracked the app. I then transferred the cracked apps to other jailbroken devices with appsync and both run. However, TomTom pops up a message giving my Apple ID and asking for the password. Why would this be? Is the developer trying to collect data on those who would run a cracked version of this app? I do not have this issue cracking other apps with these tools.

Thanks

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,657 posts
    • Time Online: 193d 11h 49m 33s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

if the app won't run unless you provide a valid apple ID, then it's not cracked properly 

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 13,972 posts
    • Time Online: 291d 17h 27m 46s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12
try and hit cancel when the prompt comes up and see if app works.
this has been the case with the particular app you are refferig to.

stlmac08

stlmac08

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 12 posts

The app runs fine once I hit cancel. I just wonder why the prompt and what it is doing. And what happens if someone enters their password into the popup? The ID for the phone seems to be prefilled in the popup. If I sign out of the app store in settings and run TomTom again, then the popup asks for both ID and password, and not just password.

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 13,972 posts
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
like I said there is some type of weirdness particularly with TomTom
the crack is proper just that iTunes popupup. hit cancel and all ok.
if someone enters their data I don't know what would happen but sux
to be them if they do and inherit a charge from the store.
it wouldn't effect YOUR account
  • hotsjf likes this

BWEL

BWEL

Forum Genius!

• IC Uploader
  • 1,552 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 11h 55m 56s
  • Twitter:blagghi
  • LocationToronto
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+

I have the same issue with TouchPad it won't stop asking for login and password. The login part is prefilled with whatever you have registered in SETTINGS/ITUNES whereas the password is blank.

I tried logging in with a newly opened iTunes account, it accepted the log-in but then it popped that it couldn't connect to iTunes Store. Since this a mousepad app it's pretty annoying for users to go through that, however, when I entered the itunes ID login from where it was purchased, the pop ups stopped. I think the app will pop up until it gets a verification from the server, and then it stops bothering you.

I don't know whether Clutch or Rasticrac can do anything about it, but I've noticed they've worked just fine with iFarmaci another app which asked the same. In this case, the apps just asks once, you click OK in the prompt and it does not bother you anymore.

• hotsjf likes this

stlmac08

stlmac08

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 12 posts

I have the same issue with TouchPad it won't stop asking for login and password. The login part is prefilled with whatever you have registered in SETTINGS/ITUNES whereas the password is blank.

I tried logging in with a newly opened iTunes account, it accepted the log-in but then it popped that it couldn't connect to iTunes Store. Since this a mousepad app it's pretty annoying for users to go through that, however, when I entered the itunes ID login from where it was purchased, the pop ups stopped.

How does the app know if you entered the ID where it was purchased, versus another account? I thought cracking removes all traces of the original Apple ID from the IPA. Or is it just looking for any iTunes account where it was purchased by anyone, not necessarily the original account? What exactly are the developers coding into these apps? Is it something like...

If the App Store receipt is not present then ask for login to confirm purchase.

But then if that is all they are doing, its only doing half to stop piracy. That logic, I think would be followed by

If purchase cannot be confirmed, then exit to springboard.

I guess its good for us here that they don't code that last part, otherwise we would have cracked apps that don't work!

• hotsjf likes this

BWEL

BWEL

Forum Genius!

• IC Uploader
  • 1,552 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 11h 55m 56s
  • Twitter:blagghi
  • LocationToronto
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+

From my experience it doesn't matter whether the IPA is from the purchased ID or not. It simply requires a log-in to an ID where the app was purchased from, so that popups stop nagging you. This happens with both cracked version and untouched IPA. It won't stop nagging until you log in with an ID from where the app was purchased in the past.

The funny part is that with while with other new apple IDs it tells you it couldn't connect to the store, when you use the an ID where the app was purchased from, it immediately recognizes it (cracked IPA behaviou) and the nagging stops once and for all. I did log-in in the original IPA, let it get the recognition from the server and then try to crack it with rasticrac, but unfortunately it didn't matter, in the end a cracked IPA installed in the iDevice won't stop nagging and it is persisent almost every 30 or 40 seconds, which is quite annoying.

PS. I am referring to my experience with the TouchPad app.

stlmac08

stlmac08

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 12 posts

Is this something that can be fixed with Flex tweak - to disable the popup in TomTom maybe by changing some boolean somewhere?

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 13,972 posts

Is this something that can be fixed with Flex tweak - to disable the popup in TomTom maybe by changing some boolean somewhere?

I would require the cracked app to check

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 13,972 posts
so is anyone going to share the latest cracked TomTom US & Canada
the last posted was 1.22.1 by @AwesomeRob
it had the login prompt but pressing cancel made popup go away and app worked fine
  • hotsjf likes this

techpro26

techpro26

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 13 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 34m 53s
  • Locationusa

if its cracked use ida pro good luck 

AwesomeRob

AwesomeRob

Forum Genius!

• ICPDA
  • 1,027 posts
    • Time Online: 31d 17h 19m 52s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 5S, iPad Mini with Retina, MacBook Pro, iHave a PC
  • Donations:iTunes gift cards and paypal awesomerob17@aim.com

so is anyone going to share the latest cracked TomTom US & Canada
the last posted was 1.22.1 by @AwesomeRob
it had the login prompt but pressing cancel made popup go away and app worked fine

I know its old but TomTom discontinued their separate country apps, its all in on Go Mobile app. I guess to prevent us from cracking. Is it possible for me to get a refund? Lol

• hotsjf likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TomTom, Rasticrac, Clutch