Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Retrieving Blob for Current iOS

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Darnassus

Darnassus

Caker

• IC Member
  • 37 posts
    • Time Online: 17h 5m 50s

I'm on a 5S running iOS 8.4

Is there any way to retrieve the Blob for iOS 8.4? 

I'm aware the iOS must currently be signed to receive a Blob, however.. I've heard you can extract Blobs from your iDevice for the iOS it's currently running, in case you wish to restore to the same iOS version.

What can be done? I'd like to reinstall 8.4 fresh and rejailbreak.. (I've got lots of garbage and need to clean it up)

Thanks! ;3

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 66,603 posts
    • Time Online: 323d 7h 17m 44s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12

I'm on a 5S running iOS 8.4

Is there any way to retrieve the Blob for iOS 8.4?

short answer .... NO
in some instances you may be able to have the onboard apticket converted to blob.
however since 8.4 s no longer signed you can not reload that firmware.

Darnassus

Darnassus

Caker

• IC Member
  • 37 posts

short answer .... NO
in some instances you may be able to have the onboard apticket converted to blob.
however since 8.4 s no longer signed you can not reload that firmware.

I'm aware 8.4 isn't signed any longer, sadly.. which is why I ask if it's possible to extract the Blob itself from my iDevice instead.

This is what I was looking at, the command I hear that might do it is 

/img4tool --convert -s [ECID].shsh apticket.der

What do you think, user_hidden? 

I'm unsure how to use this command, though.

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 66,603 posts
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC

/img4tool --convert -s [ECID].shsh apticket.der[/size]

yes imgtool can convert the apticket

Darnassus

Darnassus

Caker

• IC Member
  • 37 posts

yes imgtool can convert the apticket

Wait so it'll WORK? I'll get my Blob for iOS 8.4 and then could use it for something like Semi-Restore to ReJailBreak on the same Firmware?

Also what's IMGTool? Is that a tweak? 3rd Party App? Or a simple command within Unix? 

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 66,603 posts

Wait so it'll WORK? I'll get my Blob for iOS 8.4 and then could use it for something like Semi-Restore to ReJailBreak on the same Firmware?

Also what's IMGTool? Is that a tweak? 3rd Party App? Or a simple command within Unix?

as i mentioned before blobs will not help you on 8.4
imgtool: http://api.tihmstar....tool-latest.zip

Darnassus

Darnassus

Caker

• IC Member
  • 37 posts

as i mentioned before blobs will not help you on 8.4
imgtool: http://api.tihmstar....tool-latest.zip

Oh, I'm confused then.. what does converting the apticket do then to help me reinstall iOS 8.4? Or is this still not possible?

I swear I've seen somewhere that you can extract all you need from an already JailBroken iDevice to reinstall the same iOS if something happens.