What is App2deb?
App2deb is a simple, minimal footprint script that will extract an IPA and repack it into a deb made for installing on an Apple TV or iOS device respectively.
How does it work?
App2deb extracts an IPA, takes needed info from the info.plist to create a specialized control file, adds entitlements to the main binary and frameworks (so the app can be ran as root), then repacks it into a deb that will install the app to /Applications.
- Download the latest Installer from the releases page.
- Simply double click the Installer, type your password when prompted, and let the script install App2deb and its dependencies.
- Run App2deb [/path/to/ipa] to repack your IPA.
- Fill in the author (creator of app) and maintainer (most likely you) information when prompted.
- The output file will be displayed after the command completes successfully.
Simply rerun the Installer script. It automatically pulls the latest App2deb from Github and installs it.