Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AppCake just wiped my iPhone to factory. What do I do?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ness619

ness619

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 8m 24s

I just opened AppCake and it said "New version is ready to install" so I stupidly clicked the button. It showed an installation bar that filled up after a while then my phone was resprung.

After respring I was at the "Activate new iPhone" screen where it wanted me to set up my phone like it was brand new. I clicked through the prompts and now my homescreen looks like a stock iPhone. All my downloaded apps are gone and I just have the stock Apple ones and some jailbroken ones. The jailbroken apps that remain on my device are Cydia iCleaner Activator AppCake and Anemone, but other than that it looks like a brand new phone. What happened???

Is there a way I can recover from this? I suppose I can always rejailbreak and redownload every single app I've ever had, but what the hell just happened to my phone?

I've been jailbreaking for a long time so I like to think I, for the most part, know what I'm doing. But this is brand new to me and it's really freaking me out that my entire phone just got wiped out and I haven't made a proper backup in some time.

Any advice?

Ghay

Ghay

• IC Uploader
  • 21,936 posts
    • Time Online: 106d 13h 39m 20s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, iHave a PC

U sure its just not updated to latest ios version? What version is its showing in about? Nothing in appcake to reset the phone

ness619

ness619

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 8m 24s

My iOS version remained the same. All my apps have been deleted and my phone is basically like brand new. It was definitely something in AppCake that downloaded something that did this. Didn't know viruses existed in this capacity but that's absolutely what it seems like

Ghay

Ghay

• IC Uploader
  • 21,936 posts
    • Time Online: 106d 13h 39m 20s
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, iHave a PC

hotsif will need check it out but doubt he will find anything as you are only one this has happened to. what ios version are u on and which Jailbreak was it?

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,717 posts
    • Time Online: 195d 23h 24m 47s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

What iOS were you at? and what JB tool did you have?

Arrowood1974

Arrowood1974

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 44m 45s
Had something similar happen yesterday with AppCake on my iPad 10.3.2, g0blin jailbreak. Opened appcake and the only option was to update within the app. It resprung but when I opened appcake again it had the same update popup so I closed it and went to Cydia and found the latest appcake version and selected to uninstall previous and install the latest. When it was finished it shut down my iPad on its own, didn't ask to respring as cydia normally does. When it restarted my app icons were there but were blank, like missing the icon pictures, just blank white squares. So I thought I'd respring my iPad and hope they'd come back. When it started back up every single icon was gone, ALL OF THEM. I no longer had anything other than my background picture. Siri no longer worked, couldn't access settings, nothing. I could swipe down and search but no apps would show on search and webpages or other info that did appear on the search was not clickable/openable. Rebooted many times with no success. Finally decided to try iTunes and restore from backup but kept getting an error because I needed to turn of find my phone first, which I was unable to access settings to do. Was about to break down and update iOS to new when I tried one last resort. I went to 'find my phone' online on my laptop and selected erase my iPad. Once I did that the iPad restarted and allowed me to set it up as a new device, keeping iOS 10.3.2. But when I then went to restore from backup to get some of my settings and stuff back it popped up and said enter passcode to update. Without thinking I entered my passcode and it started updating iOS, which I was so mad at myself for not paying attention but to my surprise when it restarted I still had my 10.3.2.

Yilia

Yilia

Caker

• IC Member
  • 47 posts
    • Time Online: 6h 5m 29s

No worries if you are unlucky enough to do factiry reset for your iPhone and get all data lost. You might as well take a close look at the quick guide here to know how to recover data from iPhone after factory reset in case you still on the way to look for solutions.