Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Phone completely unusable after clicking "OK" to update to version 5.5.9.1 inside the app

phone unusable

Best Answer fatality342 , 07 September 2018 - 06:57 PM

I managed to fix it by using SSH into my phone and deleting Appsync and Appcake v.5.5.9.1 and then reinstalling Appsync and downgrading Appcake to v5.5.8.1. Thank you very much for the help though Go to the full post »

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

fatality342

fatality342

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 39m 40s

iPhone 6S Plus on iOS 10.3.1 with doubleH3lix jailbreak.

An hour ago I decided to open the AppCake app because I haven't in a while and once I did, a popup saying an update to version 5.5.9.1 is available. I tapped on OK, the update downloaded and installed and then it said that it will close the AppCake app and restart Springboard shortly. Once that was done, I unlocked my phone and now I can't see any of my apps, not even the stock ones. Everything is empty, the dock is empty too. I can access the NC and the Control Center but it's no use. All I can see is my status bar. The Spotlight search works, some info comes up such as contacts but nothing happens when I tap on any of them. This has never happened before and I have no idea what to do, I can't even post a screenshot because literally no application works and it's the only phone i have right now. Everything worked fine before. My situation is similar to https://forum.iphone...y-what-do-i-do/
but in my case I can't even see any apps at all and can't access anything. https://imgur.com/a/lQb34Cl This is my phone right now. Anything that can be done?

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,717 posts
    • Time Online: 195d 23h 28m
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

we are investigating the problem now, sorry for the trouble

for now please downgrade to older version.

thanks for the feedback

fatality342

fatality342

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

we are investigating the problem now, sorry for the trouble

for now please downgrade to older version.

thanks for the feedback

Can you please kindly guide me on how to do that? I managed to get into jailbroken mode by sideloading doubleH3lix from a PC, but that is the only app I see on the homescreen, I can't use Cydia or Safari to downgrade to an older version, any other method to do that?

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,717 posts
    • Time Online: 195d 23h 28m
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8
to be honest I don't know how to fix this problem

you can try to SSH into your iphone, and remove any dylib files in
/System/Library/LaunchDaemons
  • fatality342 likes this

fatality342

fatality342

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
✓  Best Answer
I managed to fix it by using SSH into my phone and deleting Appsync and Appcake v.5.5.9.1 and then reinstalling Appsync and downgrading Appcake to v5.5.8.1. Thank you very much for the help though
  • hotsjf likes this

Flut

Flut

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
    • Time Online: 16h 15m 1s

I had this happen to me on 10.2 a couple weeks ago. You usually need to delete AFC2 and AppCake to fix it, but your location services and some other settings will be reset.

I happened to be in unjailbroken state and still had yalu on the phone, but it was expired and hidden. Managed to fix it by jailbreaking with doubleH3lix lol