Entering 2019, I will push some changes to the site and AppCake
AppCake has been serving the iOS scene since 2008, given JB is no longer playing an essential part for most iOS users, JB is not dead, but smell funny now.
AppCake is losing money for me, there has never been much ADs on the site, working with other signing service keeps the server running and AppCake alive.
So from now I will dedicate all the AD revenue from site or AppCake to the crackers, the ones who feed the community, the ones who hold the foundation for the NON-JB world, the ones who may never be known by the users/downloaders/leechers
Doing so just because I hold a very deep love for the community, the friends I met here, and the work I've been doing for over 10 years.
I wanna keep the legacy of AppCake and iOS scene, no matter how many giants fallen behind me, no matter how much drama I've seen in these years, no matter how terrible the JB teams become. The crackers I know of, the JBers I know of, are real. I love them.
Enough sentimental, thanks for reading the bullshit.
Now real stuff:
- Website: I don't have the energy or money to overhaul the design of the site, I will only add some features so it adapts the recent changes in the scene.
1. I added redirect ADs to download links on the site to get some bucks
2. I added pages for crackers to easily check all their links
3. I will add a Tweaks section, similar to the Cheat/hack section on forum, but on home page, easy to find and download.
4. I will remove the Request section on website, move it to the new AppCake app
- Forum will stay as it, I don't want to upgrade to IPBoard latest version yet. Don't have the time to handle the migration
1. I know the password change on forum is malfunction, just can't fix it...
- AppCake: update to be compatible with new device and new JB, back to the legacy app timeline, no more ADs, direct download where the iphonecake host link available
1. make it so can be installed from both OTA and Cydia
2. adopt latest iOS SDK and tech
3. add Tweaks section in app
4. Add share section in app, let users can crack/submit apps to the site
5. add request section in app, let users request apps from app. They need to watch an AD before that.
6. add donation link in app, again, all ADs and donation funds goes to iPhoneCake cracker team, to crack more apps
That's about it.
Again, I deeply appreciate everyone sharing with the community, I know you all have your real life, you may have other ones you need to take care, you have a busy day job.
Thank you for staying with Jailbreak and AppCake
Last, best wishes to Paul (widow or Ghay whatever)