Jump to content

Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Help] AppCake stuck installing apps on unc0ver jailbreak


  • You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1
jebediah

jebediah

    Fresh Newbie

  • IC Member
  • 8 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 52m 47s

unc0ver iOS 11.1 iPhone SE here

A long time ago I was on Electra, AppCake worked fine

Switched to unc0ver some time ago, AppCake worked fine

Once day, AppCake stopped being able to install any app. The apps it had installed before still work, but AppCake is stuck during the installing process every time now. It will just display a random percentage of completion and sit there with the little waves still alive.

I removed all my tweaks and restored rootfs too. Reinstalled AppCake and Appsync Unified many times, but no can do. Also used Erase all content and settings after restoring rootfs, and still facing the same issue.

Should I check/repair some parts of my filesystem or something?

 


#2
Mince0

Mince0

    Pro Caker

  • IC Member
  • 195 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 11h 54m 30s
Same problem hopefully appcake mods can fix the issue soon, it started after the big round of updates from coolstar (apt,tweak injector etc)

If you look at the post i made about crashing apps it will fix the crahing like appcake app did. Not as convenient but its an option until the apps fixed.

Downloading from the hosts on the appcake website is slower though.

#3
jebediah

jebediah

    Fresh Newbie

  • IC Member
  • 8 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 52m 47s

No apps is crashing. AppCake just doesn't install apps at all.



#4
mindHacker

mindHacker

    Fresh Newbie

  • IC Member
  • 8 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 32m 48s
Pretty sure it's an appcake thing. Because I can successfully install apps using filza but everything fails with appcake (including third party apps that are not pirated)

#5
jebediah

jebediah

    Fresh Newbie

  • IC Member
  • 8 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 52m 47s

@mindHacker I'm willing to learn alternatives for installing IPA files. Haven't explored this much but using Filza will install 'successfully' though the app will crash on opening. I tried to use 'ipapatcher' command line but I get 'could not sign binary' error. I don't have much need for installing cracked IPAs but I do rely on a few of those, so any solution working on unc0ver is welcome.

 

What's weird is that AppCake was working fine in the beginning on that same device and setup, that's why I feel I might have screwed with the filesystem.



#6
jebediah

jebediah

    Fresh Newbie

  • IC Member
  • 8 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 52m 47s
So what do you guys use to install cracked IPAs on iOS 11 unc0ver?

#7
Bontek

Bontek

    Caker

  • IC Member
  • 44 posts
    • Time Online: 15h 8m 45s
  • LocationPL
Filza but after manually patching ipa files with signer.sh

#8
magicfab

magicfab

    Fresh Newbie

  • IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 44m 54s

Filza but after manually patching ipa files with signer.sh

 

Where can I find signer.sh script ? and what is the procedure ?

Regards



#9
jebediah

jebediah

    Fresh Newbie

  • IC Member
  • 8 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 52m 47s

Will try signer.sh + Filza, thanks.

 

This morning I was able to install a sponsored app (from the full page ad that shows every time you open AppCake). I tried again with other apps I downloaded and installation was still stuck. I noticed the sponsored app did not show in the 'Downloaded' section.

 

I also noticed that going into AppCake's downloaded IPA's directory with Filza, the IPAs are owned by 'mobile' whereas I believe they should be owned by 'root'. The Group is 'mobile' too.

 

I also noticed AppCake no longer creates the corresponding .ldid file alongside downloading/installing an IPA.

 

I really think my setup is messed up and I'm not sure it lies on AppCake's side. I think these troubles started to appear when I had to circumvent the 'failed to extract bootstrap' error on unc0ver. Although this is not occurring anymore, my AppCake doesn't function properly although it used to here on this phone.