Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Appcake 6 Issues and Help

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Mince0

Mince0

Pro Caker

• IC Member
  • 278 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 11h 57m 55s
Downloads do not show speed or download progression

Once download completes it just moves to downloaded does not install and if i click on app icon the appcake app crashes.

So deleted ipa via filza (to save storage space) but now the ipa icon is still in appcake app and cannot redownload ipa because it is in download section but cannot delete icon because app crashes.

Ipad pro 11.1.2 eletra btw
  • Ghostleonsxd01 likes this

jaybe

jaybe

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 27 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 13h 58m 26s
Same here
iPad 9.7. 12.1.1 beta3
Unc0ver 3...38

JackHarkness

JackHarkness

Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 56 posts
    • Time Online: 17h 35m 2s

Just crashes on iOS12 when clicking the app name on Downloaded screen here. Not working at all. Constant AppCake crash

JackHarkness

JackHarkness

Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 56 posts

iPad Pro 12.9"  FYI. Have to admit the new AppCake is lacking good features of past appcake - notably deleting IPA lol

Skyforger

Skyforger

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 6m 14s
iPad 9.7” 6th Gen
AppCake is definitely having issues drawing the install/delete dialogue on iPads. I’ve provided a crash log.
One quick and dirty way I’ve gotten it to work is by installing the RequireFull tweak and running AppCake over any other app or side by side. Then it seems to know where the dialogue should appear, and I can install apps.
As for deleting IPAs, I have to use the web interface for that. Can’t see a way to do it through the app.

Crash report:
Bundle id: com.iphonecake.app.AppCake
Exception type: NSGenericException
Reason: Your application has presented a UIAlertController () of style UIAlertControllerStyleActionSheet from AppCake.TabBarViweController (). The modalPresentationStyle of a UIAlertController with this style is UIModalPresentationPopover. You must provide location information for this popover through the alert controller's popoverPresentationController. You must provide either a sourceView and sourceRect or a barButtonItem. If this information is not known when you present the alert controller, you may provide it in the UIPopoverPresentationControllerDelegate method -prepareForPopoverPresentation.
Parent symbol: UIKitCore - 0x00000001f489efe4 + 480

Skyforger

Skyforger

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 6m 14s

Also despite all of that, Rome Total War still crashes the app when tapping "Install". Tried both 1.9.4 and 1.10.3 versions of the game, same thing. Other apps seem to install fine for now.

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 67,444 posts
    • Time Online: 323d 12h 53m 59s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12

iPad Pro 12.9"  FYI. Have to admit the new AppCake is lacking good features of past appcake - notably deleting IPA lol

press on an ipa in the Downloaded tab and a menu will appear to DELETE FILE

if you want to delete all the downloads and reset the list here is a manual way.

1 - ipa are located in /var/mobile/Documents/AppcakeIPAs/Downloaded
2 - clear entire listing by deleting "appcake.sqlite3" file in /var/mobile/Documents/AppcakeIPAs
when you close Appcake and restart the sql file will be recreated with 0 files reistered
your Downloaded list will then be empty in the app

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,717 posts
    • Time Online: 195d 23h 28m
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

it seems the new AppCake has problem on ipad, will test more later on

lezuric

lezuric

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 4m 11s

i'm also having error show "cannot connect to apiv2.iphonecake.com". Is there a fix on this? Thanks!

JackHarkness

JackHarkness

Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 56 posts

press on an ipa in the Downloaded tab and a menu will appear to DELETE FILE

if you want to delete all the downloads and reset the list here is a manual way.

1 - ipa are located in /var/mobile/Documents/AppcakeIPAs/Downloaded
2 - clear entire listing by deleting "appcake.sqlite3" file in /var/mobile/Documents/AppcakeIPAs
when you close Appcake and restart the sql file will be recreated with 0 files reistered
your Downloaded list will then be empty in the app

Will try it. Unfortunately hitting the app brings up no menu in Downloaded. Instantly crashes Appcake on iPad Pro. Only way to  avoid the crash when hitting an App under downloaded may be to do the manual removal as you said and enable "Auto Install" in AppCake settings for now...

jaybe

jaybe

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 27 posts
Also crashes when attempting to install ipa from imported folder

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 67,444 posts
    • Time Online: 323d 12h 53m 59s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12
those with iPad that have had issues please try 6.08

jaybe

jaybe

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 27 posts
Thanks, Appcake 6.08 is a lot more stable but still crashes immediately if install is attempted from import folder.

Running unc0ver 12.1.1 on iPad 9.7 2018
  • corkman likes this

bundy-al

bundy-al

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 24 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 4h 13m 26s
  • LocationNederland

I have an iPhone 6s

I have tried all versions, and now update to AppCake 6.0.8, 
I see only a black icon, it’s not installing anything.

Could it be because I have Appdb on my iphone? that I can not install anything.
Of course I am in settings, general device management appdb Device Link he

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,717 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac

I have an iPhone 6s

I have tried all versions, and now update to AppCake 6.0.8, 
I see only a black icon, it’s not installing anything.

Could it be because I have Appdb on my iphone? that I can not install anything.
Of course I am in settings, general device management appdb Device Link he

stop sending me PM, and remove all the appsync you have, 

install appsync again from our repo

cte

cte

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 18 posts
    • Time Online: 5h 10m 59s
Everything seems to be working pretty well for me on iPhone 8 iOS 12.1.1 with unc0ver. I can install and delete etc. Only thing is some apps don’t work when installed which was expected (like when iOS 11 needed all new cracks). When I look in filza, a lot of the ipa’s that I’ve deleted in the app are still there but that seemed to be the case in older appcake versions too.
  • hotsjf likes this

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,717 posts
  • LocationUSA

Everything seems to be working pretty well for me on iPhone 8 iOS 12.1.1 with unc0ver. I can install and delete etc. Only thing is some apps don’t work when installed which was expected (like when iOS 11 needed all new cracks). When I look in filza, a lot of the ipa’s that I’ve deleted in the app are still there but that seemed to be the case in older appcake versions too.

thanks for these more reasonable feedbacks from a seasoned JBer, will look into the file delete issues

bundy-al

bundy-al

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 24 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 4h 13m 26s
  • LocationNederland

stop sending me PM, and remove all the appsync you have, 

install appsync again from our repo

Thank you so much, I have removed the AppSync Unified and reinstalled with the AppCake repo and now everything works perfectly.
SUPER thanks for all the effort.

Neca

Neca

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 6 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 4m 12s
Hi, I’m starting to use appcake 6 but it seems to have less apps than other versions. Does it have something to do with the signing process?

RadicalD

RadicalD

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 20m
Hey yall,

I have this weird problem.

All apps I try to download are failing and in the downloaded section is say the app is 166bites.

Here is a screenshot : https://m.imgur.com/aB3rodu

I hope someone have the solution to this matter. I tried every setting in AppCake 6 but all I get are the 166bites shitfiles....

All 3 my devices doing the same.

iPhone X
iPhone 8S Plus
iPhone 7S Plus

Thanks in advance!