Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help, iPhone 4S wont update!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

jigsawsaw81

jigsawsaw81

Banned

• Banned
  • 4 posts
I bought i refurbished iPhone 4S just to use it as an iPod, and cause i love the design still even in 2019.

I downgraded to iOS 6.1.3 from iOS 9 the very day i got the iPhone, and it was fine.
So the issue is, the refurbished site must have replaced original battery or something.
Every time i wanna flash iOS 9 update again, its giving me itunes error 29.

So, is there any way i can flash iOS 9 Signed ipsw without using iTunes or, using itunes but without any error? any solution?

I jailbroken my iOS 6.1.3 too, in case it helps. 

Also, can i flash any unsigned ipsw as am jailbroken, possible?

Please tell me a possible fix! Thanks.

r3tribut10n

r3tribut10n

Like the wind!

• IC Trusted User
  • 721 posts
    • Time Online: 14d 8h 41m 55s
  • LocationUk
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, MacBook Pro, iHave a PC

You need to change the battery for an apple approved battery (oem)

Also you can check your itunes version and make sure it's up to date, worth a check but i'm betting it's the battery

Hum@xel

Hum@xel

Caker

• IC Member
  • 33 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 8h 51m 45s
  • LocationThe Top of The World
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5S, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPad 2, MacBook Pro, iHave a PC

I bought i refurbished iPhone 4S just to use it as an iPod, and cause i love the design still even in 2019.

I downgraded to iOS 6.1.3 from iOS 9 the very day i got the iPhone, and it was fine.
So the issue is, the refurbished site must have replaced original battery or something.
Every time i wanna flash iOS 9 update again, its giving me itunes error 29.

So, is there any way i can flash iOS 9 Signed ipsw without using iTunes or, using itunes but without any error? any solution?

I jailbroken my iOS 6.1.3 too, in case it helps. 

Also, can i flash any unsigned ipsw as am jailbroken, possible?

Please tell me a possible fix! Thanks.

If you saved blobs for other ios firmwares there isn't being sight at the moment,

you should be able to up and downgrade to the ios you saved blobs for.

Regards Hum@xel

Jiang18

Jiang18

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 17 posts
    • Time Online: 5h 41m 51s

Update iPhone with iTunes but get iTunes error 29? For this problem, if you have a backup, try to put the iPhone into recovery mode and connect it with iTunes to restore it. If not or you still get this iTunes error, it is suggested that you use Joyoshare iOS system recovery software. It can fix many iOS issues and iTunes errors without data loss.