Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is there a tweak or hack to spoof system date for time-limited apps?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

timidhermit

timidhermit

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 26 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 8m 39s

Apology in advance if this is not the correct subforum for this question. Don't know which one I should use...

I have both a 32-bit device jailbroken with Phoenix and a 64-bi device jailbroken with Unc0ver.

I am looking for a cydia substrate compatible tweak or hack that would allow me to spoof the system date / time (the device' clock) for an app that checks this date / time? The app expires and ceases to work after a specific date but only checks this date locally (not online).

An analogy for this request is a tweak that existed long ago which spoofs UDID checked by some apps called UDIDFaker. I am looking now for a tweak that spoofs system date / time instead.

Help?

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 14,019 posts
    • Time Online: 292d 2h 1m 57s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12
and what is wrong with setting your clock back while using the app?

timidhermit

timidhermit

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 26 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 8m 39s

user_hidden,

That is the workaround I have been using until now. It is cumbersome to use at the least because I have to do the switch manually. Also, doing so affects the entire system so that I cannot have other apps open that also check the date and would not work properly with the date rollback. As well, with a tweak, I can set different date spoofing for different apps to be used at the same time.

I have tried to search thoroughly online, including numerous Reddit threads, to see if someone has made such a tweak before. Can't find any. That's why I am asking to see, perhaps because I am just not searching for the right terms on what I wanted from this mod.

Any suggestion?

and what is wrong with setting your clock back while using the app?