Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Some Apps crash when device is put to sleep

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

drenyl

drenyl

Caker

• IC Member
  • 52 posts
    • Time Online: 16h 25m 35s

I use checkra1n 13.3.1 on iPad 6, but this happened on 12.4 unc0ver as well.

I download certain IPAs (unzip them to /Applications, chmod 777 the binary, run uicache), and they work, but as soon as I press the iPad power button to put it to sleep (or close the cover), the app will crash with a "0xdead10cc" deadlock crash.

For example Spotify Premium IPA 8.5.45 or any other previous version

https://forum.iphone...45-premium-ipa/

If I open it and then close the cover, spotify crashes.  But if I play a song and close the cover it does not crash.

If I download Spotify Free from the App Store it does not crash if I close the cover immediately when it is not playing a song.

I read the /var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter file:

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGKILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:  EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Termination Reason: Namespace RUNNINGBOARD, Code 0xdead10cc
Triggered by Thread:  0

I notice the exact same dead10cc crash happens with Good notes IPA from this site when I put the iPad to sleep, but it otherwise works normally.

Is there a known problem with app cracking that only shows up when putting the device to sleep?

drenyl

drenyl

Caker

• IC Member
  • 52 posts

Anyone else have this kind of crash?

It was a fresh iOS install.  I don't know what else could cause it.  It is very repeatable but I don't know how to debug it.

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 67,603 posts
    • Time Online: 323d 13h 40m 18s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12

maybe install the apps properly instead of unzipping an archive to /Applications folder !!!!!

drenyl

drenyl

Caker

• IC Member
  • 52 posts

Maybe, but it is the only way I know.  ( I don't really unzip to Applications, I copy the Program.app folder & everything in it)

Apps work. Some have no problems at all.  But others have the above error which doesn't seem like it is related to the install.

What else needs to be done during install?

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 67,603 posts
    • Time Online: 323d 13h 40m 18s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12

maybe to make your life easier.

install Filza on your device and then use it to instal the IPA.

drenyl

drenyl

Caker

• IC Member
  • 52 posts

Installing with Filza required AppSync Unified.

I Installed Spotify Premium with Filza, but it crashed with the same error when I put the iPad to sleep (Just after opening Spotify, I did not  play any song). 

No difference.