Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Uncover or Chimera for AppCake

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Darnassus

Darnassus

Caker

• IC Member
  • 37 posts
    • Time Online: 17h 5m 50s

I've been away from the JailBreak Community for a while now, and was hoping someone could give me a good idea what direction to take between Uncover and Chimera, or even CheckRain.

I am on iOS 12.4 on an iPhone 7.

From memory AppCake is best for Substrate, however Chimera has apparently abandoned Substitute for LibSubstrate? 

What is everyone's opinion thus far? 

I noticed there's an Uncover Master Topic, which seems to be a year old and wanted to be certain I'm doing the right thing and not get myself forced to update to latest. :c

Thanks! 

I want my Cake, and to crack it, too! <3

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 67,424 posts
    • Time Online: 323d 12h 51m 33s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12

no one likes Chimera

Darnassus

Darnassus

Caker

• IC Member
  • 37 posts

no one likes Chimera

I have spoken to a lot of people who'd disagree.. which is why I'm here asking for a definitive answer. Especially from a developer / compatibility point of view.

It's as if it's an even playing field. Most also say forget both, upgrade to post and go on Checkrain, but I'm a PC and don't use Linux OR Mac.

Thanks so far User_Hidden. Where ever you are. ;d <3

Also, do you have any idea how LibSubstrate has actually impacted Chimera? Did it do much at all?

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 67,424 posts
    • Time Online: 323d 12h 51m 33s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12

like i said not to knock Coolstar but Unc0ver and Chimera both are much better.

in your case on a PC i would go with Unc0ver

Mince0

Mince0

Pro Caker

• IC Member
  • 278 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 11h 57m 55s

I previously used Chimera with no problem on ios 11.xx 

Now using Unc0ver with no problems. 

At first i was like ahh battery drain but i think that literally every time I start a new jailbreak.anyway left the ipad off charge this morning at 100% and 8 hours later after work it was still 100% 

30 mins of internet usage now at 98% seems perfectly fine for me.

very stable no stutter in animation etc etc and pwn20wnd is a very active developer atm while coolstar seem a little ‘childish’ atm (back when he first started out never like now) making a lot of fun about other people work etc etc but I'm not going into millennials drama.

one annoying thing i found about chimera was sileo it block some repos you might add i.e appcake for one and i think appsync repo (might have been fix/changed) while unc0ver uses cydia and little to no curation.

summary both good Unc0ver seems like the most stable I have used in years. Hassle free!

edit 40mins internet 96% battery is stable!

Mince0

Mince0

Pro Caker

• IC Member
  • 278 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 11h 57m 55s

Overall Originally i would have said Chimera now I'm very glad i did not wait. As mentioned before probably most stable jailbreaking tool I have used in years.

although it was 50/50 when using old exploit because of memory issues etc so a lot of dislike might come from back then (ios 11.xx) but with ios 13 comes the time_waste and improved reliability. My point is sometimes its not the tool but rather the execution of/or the exploit  

• hotsjf and Darnassus like this

Darnassus

Darnassus

Caker

• IC Member
  • 37 posts

Thanks Mince, that's what I was hoping to hear. :3 <3 +1

Jake23

Jake23

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker