Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

way to back up cracked apps and data?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

velave

velave

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
    • Time Online: 36m 29s

I stayed on ios 11 for a long time because I had read a lot of stories about people's phones getting bricked when they tried to update to 13. Then I finally decided to update, and guess what? phone got bricked!

after several trips to the apple store I was finally able to get my phone working again. I'm now running on 13 but I had to restore from an itunes backup.

Once up and running, I found that all my cracked apps were gone, as well as the data for those apps.

I have jail broken my phone again, but I'm guessing all of the cracked app data is gone forever - or is there a way I can get it back?

For the future, is there a way I can backup cracked apps and app data, so that if my phone does get bricked again, I won't lose everything associated with those apps, and can restore them to my device?

thanks for your help!

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 66,603 posts
    • Time Online: 323d 7h 17m 44s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12

data gone forever.

backup app data with Cydia tweak "Apps Manager"

apps you download here and have the IPA

TheImposter

TheImposter

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 26 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 40m 20s
  • Locationeurope

after several trips to the apple store I was finally able to get my phone working again. I'm now running on 13 but I had to restore from an itunes backup.

Once up and running, I found that all my cracked apps were gone, as well as the data for those apps.

I have jail broken my phone again, but I'm guessing all of the cracked app data is gone forever - or is there a way I can get it back?

For the future, is there a way I can backup cracked apps and app data, so that if my phone does get bricked again, I won't lose everything associated with those apps, and can restore them to my device?

All data from cracked apps are also included in a normal itunes backup.

So all your data is still there in your backup.

Usually it should be enough to reinstall also your cracked apps after a restore from a backup.

Or just use any program which can extract data from itunes backups (3u tools, iPhone Backup Extractor, ...)

consor

consor

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 10m 55s
this is how to restore from an iCloud backup that I have searched on the internet. I hope it can help you
  1. On your iOS device or iPadOS, go to Settings> General> Software Update. If there's a newer version of iOS or iPadOS, follow the onscreen instructions to download and install.
  2. Make sure you have a recent backup to restore. Go to Settings> [your name]> iCloud> Storage Management> Backups. Then, tap a device listed under Backups to see the date and size of its latest backup.
  3. Go to Settings> General> Reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
  4. On the App & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup, then sign in with your Apple ID.
  5. Proceed to “Select backup”, then choose from the list of available backups on iCloud.

hill climb racing