Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

savegame folder?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

shpunk

shpunk

Caker

• IC Member
  • 38 posts
    • Time Online: 14h 12m 23s
  • iDevices Owned:iPad Mini 4, iPad Mini 5
i have an ipad pro with 10.3 jailbreak.
by the heck of it, i cant figure out, where the game hero emblems is saving the game.
it obviously saves the "com.amazinpot.projectzero.plist" in ..var\mobile\Library\Preferences,

for example, when i play, copy the savegame with filza to another folder, play further and die, exit the game via app switcher,
copy the savegame back over the current one, the game still starts at the point after i died (the plist has then the new date, so obviously its writing back into it.)
even if i just delete plist, next time the game still starts where i left it and the plist is again in the folder, even when i do a respring!?
where the heck is it saving & loading else?
there is no other file in the prefs folder despite the mentioned plist.
i searched with filza the whole root, for similar filenames, and in the application folder, there is also nothing saved up to date.
nothing under var\containers\Bundle\Application ...

this is driving me nuts. any ideas?

is there a way to log an applications file access maybe, like a filemonitor?

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 67,351 posts
    • Time Online: 323d 11h 59m 36s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12

check

var/mobile/containers/data/applications/xxxxfinkyletterandnumberscorrespondingtoyourapp/

shpunk

shpunk

Caker

• IC Member
  • 38 posts

did that too and deleted all content in the corresponding folder..

no effect.

Mince0

Mince0

Pro Caker

• IC Member
  • 278 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 11h 57m 55s
No idea you could maybe try checking the timestamp on files via filza?

Ive seen a game that save via the plist before but another I think that seemed not to even have a save file.

Have you tired apps manager tweak?

shpunk

shpunk

Caker

• IC Member
  • 38 posts

the timestamp is accurate, like described.

i dont want to install some apps manager for this. im usually doing the filza method, way faster and easier.

but here, no idea whats going on. maybe the game is loading from memory?? even afer respring.. is this possible?

so is there any kind of filemonitor/log where i can see what app accesses which files?