Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can’t install any apps directly from AppCake app

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

windbrand123

windbrand123

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 16 posts
    • Time Online: 11h 9m 57s
I’m not able to install anything with AppCake anymore, I download it in the app then choose Install, and it just leaves a blank icon on my home screen that says “waiting” perpetually with no progress. Anyone know what the issue is? I’m on iOS14.0.1. It used to work a few months ago, same device and firmware.

mmm286

mmm286

Caker

• IC Member
  • 51 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 8h 14m 55s

I’m not able to install anything with AppCake anymore, I download it in the app then choose Install, and it just leaves a blank icon on my home screen that says “waiting” perpetually with no progress. Anyone know what the issue is? I’m on iOS14.0.1. It used to work a few months ago, same device and firmware.

Same problem 

any solution?

Warren

Warren

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 7 posts
    • Time Online: 5h 14m 30s

I had the same problem with AppCake 7.2.2.

... I could DL Apps trough AppCake, but after DL, the extracton starts, and a pop up asked me, if I want to install... I cklick "Install", and nochting happens. (Blank Icon and ....waiting)

Solution:

After downloading is finished, and "extraction" starts, go to "Settings" and disable WLAN! (Not Airplane mode) - Only disable WiFi!

You should have a SIM card installed, with a mobile data plan.

In my case, this was the solution. - When off from Home Network (WiFi), the installation process succeed!

After the installation is finisehd, turn on WiFi on the Device again.

Hope this trick will help others!

wazz69

wazz69

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 1m 31s

There could be several reasons for this issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check Device Compatibility: Make sure the app you're trying to install is compatible with your device and its operating system version.

2. AppCake Version: Ensure that you are using the latest version of the AppCake app. If you're using an outdated version, updating the app might resolve the issue.

3. Internet Connection: Ensure that your device has a stable internet connection, as the app installation process requires an active internet connection.

4. Trust Developer: If you're installing an app from a third-party source, you might need to trust the developer profile in your device settings. Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Device Management" (or "Profiles & Device Management") and trust the developer.

5. App Permissions: Check if the app you're trying to install requires certain permissions. Some apps might not install if these permissions are not granted.

6. Storage Space: Make sure you have sufficient storage space on your device to install the app.

7. Reboot Device: Sometimes, a simple reboot of your device can resolve installation issues.

8. Alternative Sources: If you continue to have trouble with AppCake, you might consider trying alternative methods or sources for installing apps.

9. Contact Support: If none of the above steps work, you could try reaching out to AppCake's support or community forums for assistance.

Remember that installing apps from third-party sources can have security risks, so exercise caution and ensure you are using a trusted source for app installation.