Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How can I install apps on device without Mac or PC

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

jeikei

jeikei

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 3m 38s

I have a paid developer account and so far have a distribution profile and certificates which I use to sign IPA files with using iOSAppSigner. No profile actually shows as being installed on my device though so not sure if that is right or wrong, but the apps have been added to my devices through Xcode. It looks to me as though the profile is getting embedded in the IPA and is why it is not asking me to trust on devices.

I'd like to add a family members UDID to the profile. Would I need to re-sign the app once the UDID has been added? Same goes when the year membership is up. Will I need to applinked re-generate profiles? Also how can I distribute the IPA file to member of family so they can get to it from their iOS device?

I read somewhere that apps can be installed directly from Files App but I cannot see that working from when I tested once already. I don't want to be having to trust other random developer profiles on my devices but would like a simple way to install for others.

I'm not on a jailbroken device and using iOS 14 by the way.

user_hidden

user_hidden

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 67,257 posts
    • Time Online: 323d 10h 54m 58s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 5, MacBook Air, iHave a PC
  • Most used iOS:iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12

paid dev account does NOT have to trust a cert. only regular 7-day certs need that.

when your account expires so will the apps on your device signed with the cert

not being jailbroken = you cant do everything you want