Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

how to move app data from old phone to new?

app data phone transfe

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

velave

velave

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
    • Time Online: 36m 29s

How can I move app data from an old phone to a new one - what is the easiest way to do this?

In case it matters, I do have "apps manager" on my old phone with data from apps backed up there. 

But I have never transferred app data from one phone to another and am not sure how to do it.

Thanks for your help!

MovieDG

MovieDG

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 11 posts
    • Time Online: 18h 26m 44s

Before beginning, this my jailbreak suggestion. I wouldn't know a stock/non-jailbroken method.
Get the [[App Manager]] tweak and some desktop iPhone manager such as iMazing or Xenon. App Manager is from the same team who did Filza.
App Manager is a tweak that you can backup and restore apps' data with.
App Manager saves the the data in its proprietary format ".adbk". This located in var/mobile/Library/ADManager.

The idea would be install this tweak on both the old and the new phone; backup the apps' data from the old phone (make sure you have data space since some app's data can be large); copy out and paste the ADManager folder into the new phone following the same directory; reinstall the same apps on the new phone; lastly use the tweak to restore the data.

I've used this procedure myself when upgrading from an older iPhone to a new.