Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to use AppCake on iOS 8.x Jailbreak!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
    • Time Online: 192d 1h 7m 37s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8

Hi, I'd like to ask if it's possible to disable background refreshing for appcake? I had 100% of battery and nothing in queue to download and during the night about 40% of battery was gone. In setting it turned out that appcake was running in background. Thanks in advance.

there is no such thing as background refreshing
  • llnwaee likes this

astonmarcin

astonmarcin

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 3 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 54m 44s

Hmm, ok. Maybe it's just a jailbreak. Is it possible that pangu drains so much battery? (I've used 1.2.0 version)

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac

Hmm, ok. Maybe it's just a jailbreak. Is it possible that pangu drains so much battery? (I've used 1.2.0 version)

what's your device? they used to have this problem on 32bit devices

astonmarcin

astonmarcin

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 3 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 54m 44s

what's your device? they used to have this problem on 32bit devices

I have an iPhone 5S, so it's 64bit

Maybe I use rejailbreak option in pangu, could it help or it's just an option if there is something wrong with jb?

67style

67style

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 4 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 13m 48s

hey guys, app sync has definitely some problems. it runs on my iphone 6 but not on my 5s. still no cracked apps installable over itunes.

but the 5s crashes and stuck on boot logo. iphone 6 is still booting and usable. 

• hotsjf likes this

globallink

globallink

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 19 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 5h 40m 26s

I have an Ipad Mini 2 and Pangu drains my battery real fast. I am having problems syncing cracked Apps with Itunes, I tried it with Appcake 4.8.3 and Appsync unified beta 3.1 and some Apps will install and some won't. I can also install some in Appcake and some give error -999

When I remove Cydia Substrate also Appsync disappears. How can I fix this issue so I can sync all my Apps with itunes which worked perfect

on IOS 7.1.2 before

globallink

globallink

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 19 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 5h 40m 26s

it seems that I can install all from Appcake downloaded Apps with Appcake without error -999 when I remove Appsync unified beta but not with Itunes which takes forever. How can I sync all Apps with Itunes again?

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA

it seems that I can install all from Appcake downloaded Apps with Appcake without error -999 when I remove Appsync unified beta but not with Itunes which takes forever. How can I sync all Apps with Itunes again?

go ask appsync author to make it stable

bbabraham

bbabraham

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 13 posts
    • Time Online: 9h 17m 43s
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 4S, iPad 2

Just registered to say thanks and give my results.

I couldn't install any apps using AppCake but disabling my passcode fixed that.

Then I could install from AppCake but iFunBox sometimes worked and sometimes not. I think I've since understood how it works - being that after every reboot, you need just install 1 app using AppCake to get the built in AppSync running for everything else?

So now I have a small app left under "downloaded" in AppCake that I reinstall after each reboot and then iFunBox works fine.

iTunes though is yet to work.

Thanks again for all the hard work and I look forward to iTunes syncing. :cool:

EDIT: Oh and this applies to both my iPhone 4S and iPad 2.

• hotsjf likes this

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA

Just registered to say thanks and give my results.

I couldn't install any apps using AppCake but disabling my passcode fixed that.

Then I could install from AppCake but iFunBox sometimes worked and sometimes not. I think I've since understood how it works - being that after every reboot, you need just install 1 app using AppCake to get the built in AppSync running for everything else?

So now I have a small app left under "downloaded" in AppCake that I reinstall after each reboot and then iFunBox works fine.

iTunes though is yet to work.

Thanks again for all the hard work and I look forward to iTunes syncing. :cool:

EDIT: Oh and this applies to both my iPhone 4S and iPad 2.

yeah, you got it right. you need install one app to start the appsync

thanks for feedback

• bbabraham likes this

ounso

ounso

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 14 posts
    • Time Online: 9h 52m 6s

I have a iphone 5 with JB and AppCake 4.83. I cannot install via Itunes or iFunbox, Error Failed (-402620415). I can download and install via Appcake and then iFunbox works. Is this how it is supposed to be?  Any ideas?

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA

I have a iphone 5 with JB and AppCake 4.83. I cannot install via Itunes or iFunbox, Error Failed (-402620415). I can download and install via Appcake and then iFunbox works. Is this how it is supposed to be?  Any ideas?

yeah, read #89 reply in this topic

neo999

neo999

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 6d 8h 37m 46s

Hi, is it possible (without AppSync) app.ipa sync with itunes as I did with ios7? thanks

bbabraham

bbabraham

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 13 posts
    • Time Online: 9h 17m 43s
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 4S, iPad 2

Hi, is it possible (without AppSync) app.ipa sync with itunes as I did with ios7? thanks

My understanding is that it's not possible yet but should be when AppSync gets updated to work with iOS 8 (I think it's in beta?). No idea when that will be.

I'm just a noob though so defintely seek additional confirmation. :bye:

mobilemaster

mobilemaster

Caker

• IC Trusted User
  • 31 posts
    • Time Online: 15h 20m 49s

ive installed appcake but when i download apps from appcake website and try to install them on to my phone they do,t install can any one tell me what ive done worrg thank you

sorted it i install appsync unified beta from iphone cake repo and that worked

• hotsjf likes this

ounso

ounso

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 14 posts
    • Time Online: 9h 52m 6s

I am trying to install Appcake from your repo in Cydia. But the installation is sooooooo slow. Are you having server problems?

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA

I am trying to install Appcake from your repo in Cydia. But the installation is sooooooo slow. Are you having server problems?

too many people updating at the moment, try later

gerickt

gerickt

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 13m 54s
hi, thanks for u hard work... I have a problem with latest version of appcake 4.85... crash every time when I searching app to download .... I remove cydiasubstrate and the problem persist ... Can u give a hand?, thanks so u much .. sorry for my eng

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,633 posts
  • LocationUSA

hi, thanks for u hard work... I have a problem with latest version of appcake 4.85... crash every time when I searching app to download .... I remove cydiasubstrate and the problem persist ... Can u give a hand?, thanks so u much .. sorry for my eng

any apps you search or just one app?

r3tribut10n

r3tribut10n

Like the wind!

• IC Trusted User
  • 694 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 2h 16m 1s
  • LocationUk
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, MacBook Pro, iHave a PC

Again which version of appcake are you using, with ppsync or with appsync, there are 2 versions of appcake 4.85 out there!