Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to use AppCake on iOS 8.x Jailbreak!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

67style

67style

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 4 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 13m 48s

Hey Guys, first of all i've an iPhone 6 on 8.1 and the same cydia packages installed as hotsjf.

Touch ID was working too. Then i've installed appcake (only this) from cydia.iphonecake.com (latest version 4.82). cydia is up to date!

Then i have sent GTA:SA over SSH to Appcake/Imported and installed over the App successfully.

Played some minutes and tried to reboot.

And what i have got is a endless boot and no chance to boot in safe mode (volume up).

Any suggestions?

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,625 posts
    • Time Online: 191d 15h 59m 43s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8
Tried disable Touch ID and pass code?
If you can still access the phone with ifunbox try remove AppCake from /Applications

Anyways, AppCake has nothing related to bootup, and no auto loaded libs, so nothing to do with boot loop

67style

67style

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 4 posts

I have tried many reboots with activated Touch ID before installing appcake - without any problems. So far Touch ID bug seemed solved.

Isn't afc2add necessary for any USB Explorer like iFunBox? When i installed afc2add i got endless boot.

So it wasn't possible to me to use iFunBox. Cyberduck couldn't get connected.

Maybe it has to do with something with substrate? It is really annoying to restore all the time  :alcoholic:

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,625 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
On iOS 8, it's not afc2add any more
It's Apple file conduit 2

You don't need afc 2 to access your phone via SSH

67style

67style

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 4 posts

Oh thanks for that buddy. didn't heard about AFC"2".

but can you run AppCake and Install Apps with Touch ID? How is it about after reboot?

RDonovan

RDonovan

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 2h 44m 41s
Hi Guys, I'm on an iphone5 with ios8.1 and Appcake 4.82, everything work great but I have an issue. I'm not sure is Appcake related but maybe someone already know about.

AppStore doesn't show me the the updates anymore in the "update" section.

I can see the upgradable apps only from Appcake but is quite uncomfortable to go to Appcake and then switch to the AppStore to upgrade legit apps.

I'll do a further investigation next week but in the meantime...

Thanks!

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,625 posts
  • LocationUSA

Hi Guys, I'm on an iphone5 with ios8.1 and Appcake 4.82, everything work great but I have an issue. I'm not sure is Appcake related but maybe someone already know about.

AppStore doesn't show me the the updates anymore in the "update" section.

I can see the upgradable apps only from Appcake but is quite uncomfortable to go to Appcake and then switch to the AppStore to upgrade legit apps.

I'll do a further investigation next week but in the meantime...

Thanks!

can you try remove appcake, and reboot, and see if the updates come out? if no, then it's not AppCake

Cyb

Cyb

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 3 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 10m 27s

I have the same problem with appstore. All my (légal) installed apps have the cloud next name in appstore. It's appears when "remove metada" was "on" in appcake. But try to remove appcake, reboot but nothing change. All apps metadata was errased, not only cracked apps.

(Sorry for my poors english)

That_Brandon

That_Brandon

Caker

• IC Member
  • 49 posts
    • Time Online: 11h 11m 12s

Any idea when the iTunes sync will be fixed?

0utcast

0utcast

Caker

• Hackers
  • 84 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 14h 54m 8s
  • LocationSeoul, Korea
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPad Mini, iPad 3, iMac, iHave a PC

I'm still getting the-999 error after removing cydia substrate but I can install from iFunBox now. Maybe the Apple File Conduit 2 needs removed also. I don't have Appsync installed.

Edited by 0utcast, 01 November 2014 - 12:39 PM.

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,625 posts
  • LocationUSA

I have the same problem with appstore. All my (légal) installed apps have the cloud next name in appstore. It's appears when "remove metada" was "on" in appcake. But try to remove appcake, reboot but nothing change. All apps metadata was errased, not only cracked apps.

(Sorry for my poors english)

Did you enable remove metadata?

Cyb

Cyb

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 3 posts

Did you enable remove metadata?

Yes i enable it.

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,625 posts
  • LocationUSA

Yes i enable it.

that's the reason of your problem...I'm working on a fix now.

Cyb

Cyb

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 3 posts

that's the reason of your problem...I'm working on a fix now.

Thanks for your work ! For the moment, i just restore my phone and wait for your fix :-)

kucingmaris

kucingmaris

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 15 posts
    • Time Online: 4h 58m 16s

great news guys.... new appsync has come up (beta).... already updated. now we can install cracked app...

• Lee_A likes this

MaxM

MaxM

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 39m 48s
Thank you for the hard work.

Can you please make a version that is not using PPSync?? 4.83 still uses ppsync.dlyb which is very harmful and bad, can you remove please now that AppSync Unified is updated for 8.1?

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,625 posts
  • LocationUSA

Thank you for the hard work.

Can you please make a version that is not using PPSync?? 4.83 still uses ppsync.dlyb which is very harmful and bad, can you remove please now that AppSync Unified is updated for 8.1?

First it's not harmful at all, people are using it fine

Second the appsync unified you love, it's in beta and really buggy, it stops working after a while

AppCake will switch to appsync unified automatically if you install it on your device, ppsync is there as a backup only

Bachitter

Bachitter

Pro Caker

• IC Uploader
  • 178 posts
    • Time Online: 21d 10h 41m 18s
  • Twitter:Add me in ur friend list.
  • LocationUK/ London
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPad Air, iMac, iHave a PC, N/A
  • Donations:paypal [email protected]

i have a problem. i can't install all crack app on my iPad air 2. 

Sajon

Sajon

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 4 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 57m 7s
  • LocationUK

I have tryed everything that the FAQ says but i still get the error code -999

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,625 posts
  • LocationUSA

I have tryed everything that the FAQ says but i still get the error code -999

for all apps?