Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

iH8sn0w shows off untethered iOS 8.1.1 jailbreak

jailbreak

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ak0-Sardashti

Ak0-Sardashti

KurdistaN

• IC Uploader
  • 1,038 posts
    • Time Online: 29d 17h 54m 2s
  • LocationKURDISH
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 8+, iHave a PC
  • Donations:No Need !

ios-8-1-1-jailbreak-1024x692.png

Well known iOS hacker iH8sn0w has posted a new video on his YouTube channel of an iPad 3 (J2a model) running an untethered iOS 8.1.1 jailbreak. This is significant because 8.1.1 patched 3 of the Pangu team’s exploits, effectively killing the latest jailbreak.

As usual, just because we have proof that a firmware can be jailbroken, doesn’t mean that we’re guaranteed to see a public release anytime soon. In fact, it’s worth pointing out that iH8sn0w has in the past demonstrated jailbreaks that never saw the light of day

Video : 

“Been working on this since last Friday with @XanderKitteh,” he said in the description of his video. “This uses some new research between the two of us.” He adds that the jailbreak is not bootrom or HFS-related, and that it’s currently limited to 30-pin iOS devices.

While it’s always nice to hear that the latest version of iOS is jailbreakable, we still recommend not updating to iOS 8.1.1. Again, we don’t know if any of this will lead to a public jailbreak, and with Apple seeding 8.2 betas to developers, it could be a while before it does.

For those who updated to iOS 8.1.1, Apple is still signing iOS 8.1 for the being, meaning you can still downgrade.

idownloadblog .....

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 5h 9m 30s
  • Twitter:cosmicaln1nja
  • Locationthe UK
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPhone SE, iPad Mini, iPad 4, MacBook Pro
  • Most used iOS:iOS 8

iH8sn0w- successfully releasing failbreaks since 2011.

• JAVsystems likes this

Eevn

Eevn

CyCake Dev

• Developers
  • 25 posts
    • Time Online: 20h 9m 36s

iH8sn0w- successfully releasing failbreaks since 2011.

Is this really another failbreak? I was under the impression that it is a legitimate jailbreak.

r3tribut10n

r3tribut10n

Like the wind!

• IC Trusted User
  • 694 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 2h 16m 1s
  • LocationUk
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, MacBook Pro, iHave a PC

Is this really another failbreak? I was under the impression that it is a legitimate jailbreak.

It is but he won't release it to the public as Im sure I read he is about to start working for Apple and this shows Apple what he can do and may increase his salary
1 day I hope he makes a mistake and shows something that someone who can understand and will be used to help jailbreaking, it would be pointless for a iOS 8.1.1 jailbreak when iOS 8.2 will be released for Christmas

Cosmicalninja

Cosmicalninja

Cosmical

• IC Respected Member
  • 2,405 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 5h 9m 30s
  • Twitter:cosmicaln1nja
  • Locationthe UK
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPhone SE, iPad Mini, iPad 4, MacBook Pro
  • Most used iOS:iOS 8

I remember his big "release" of a jailbreak which meant you needed a dev cert...that started the whole failbreak thing.

i have a 30 pin jailbreak, 30 pin! what idiot is going to cook a 4s or iPad 2 for iOS 8? Why not keep it either on 6 which is good enough for 30 pins. 7 slowed them down. 8 must be like stuck in a gridlocked traffic jam!

luke187

luke187

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 3 posts
    • Time Online: 24m 51s

Well at least someone was able to get it cracked

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jailbreak