Welcome to AppCake Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Check out these Music Apps on AppCake!

* * * * * 2 votes MIDI music audio producti effects beats

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,065 posts
    • Time Online: 22d 6h 14m 38s
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 4, iPad Air, iMac, iHave a PC

-- Updated May 26 2017 --

ATTN: All BexN cracks have been updated and are tested & working on iOS 8.4. Thanks for your patience!

Apps with Green text below have been updated for iOS9

Apps with Brown text below are releases by other AppCake members (Thanks guys!) and are not moderated or updated by me.

!!!  As of May 26 2017, Many of my older FilePup links are corrupt. I am working with other AppCake users to get these links and apps updated.

Hello friends,

After playing with iOS and audio apps for a year or so, I thought I would throw my ideas out there. Please take a look at this list, whether you make music or not!

Sometimes, an app will not work properly with a new version of iOS, or the developer accidentally added a new bug unintentionally.

The App$tore will not allow you to downgrade to the previous version of an app. AppCake allows you to do just that.

These apps are being provided as a backup copy / alternative source for archival purposes for those users who have previously purchased the app. :)

Anyone using iPASTORE Premium : You will not be able to use Audiobus, AUM and most Inter-App-Audio features of these apps! You must be jailbroken for these to work.

Here’s a list of apps that I have used and enjoyed so far. There are a lot out there, but these are a few of my favorites. Check em out!

Looping:

Loopy HD – This looper lets you have up to 12 simultaneous loops playing at once. You can record a loop of any length, then record any other loops and they will timesync with the original loop. (You can create a one-bar loop, then record a loop of any length and it will auto-truncate the start/finish to play all loops in time with the original loop)

Everest – This simple looper allows you to record 4 loops of varying lengths and select just the area you want to loop, or run the loop backwards. You can mix down all the loops to one track, letting you add more loops to it. A fun looper to play with.

Voice Jam Studio - Made for the beat-boxer or vocalist who wants to easily effect and loop their ideas, this has a ton of built in effects and features.   **Flex tweak available for IAPs
          Loopy: Masterpiece Edition - coming soon??  

Synths:

Magellan – By far my favorite synth, simply because of the instrument Spawn feature. Spawn and Spawn Random lets Magellan create an entirely new synth preset with its AI engine. Each unique synth you create is archived, so if you forget to save one you can go back in its history list and load it up again. It is really unique and creates some mind-blowing sounds. With many other features, including a full effects bank and sequencer.

Thor – Thor has an easy to use interface and some really nice preset sounds. From smooth to harsh, this synth has a lot of power with simple controls.

Nave – Complex and visually appealing, Nave is a unique way to create synth sounds. Load a waveform and modify it to create a new sound out of old ones, very cool wave-based vocoder. This one takes some learning but comes with presets that help you understand whats really going on.

FM4 – This is your classic FM synth with that classic 80’s sound. Easy to use and fun to create new sounds with. All options are on one page.

Sunrizer – My first iOS synth experience. Very cool FM style sounds. Nice programmable appregiator

iProphet – A great digital recreation of the Sequential Circuits Prophet synth. This one is one of my favorites. Still needs MIDI mapable joystick control, but other than that it’s a great waveform-mixing-style synth.

iMini – Another recreation of the MiniMoog. Well done, and straightforward.
          Korg iM1 - Recreation of the classic Korg M1. This thing is a BEAST!. ** Flex tweak available for IAPs

Casio CZ - This is the best-selling Casio CZ keyboard from 1987 recreated for iOS

PPG WaveGenerator - From the creators of the PPG Wave comes a beautiful and incredible wavetable generator for the iPad!

PPG WaveMapper - I adore this PPG Wave layering app... It's just fantastic!
          BassLine - Great TB303 emulator, easy to use.

Chordion - great arpeggio and synth

Ondes - Classic French instrument recreation (see also the Petites Ondes app)

iSEM - Excellent Oberhiem recreation

Mersenne - Cool percussive synth

Shoom - Great drone synth!

moodscaper - An ambient synth that makes its own music.... My first iOS 9.3-to-9.0 conversion crack

Acoustic Pianos:

iGrand Piano – This is my go-to grand and upright piano emulator. Possibly the best acoustic pianos available for iOS. Really nice velocity layers and a great selection of piano sounds. I use this one live at gigs and in the studio as well. Latest update adds harpsichords and a new 7’grand piano.

CMP Grand Piano – A nice grand piano sample set, with in-app purchases for upright piano and a few others. Has 5 velocity layers per key, but doesn’t seem to have as nice of pianissimo sounds when played lightly compared to the iGrand sounds.

[[ CMP Grand Piano Expansion Pianos ]] - This includes both the Upright piano and Concert Grand piano.

Electric Pianos:

iLectric Piano – Really nice collection of electric piano sounds, including Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Clavinets, Dynos, Pianet / Cembalet and electric pianos with that 90’s sound. With built-in effects and equalizer, this is a great app to perform with.

NeoSoul Keys (FREE) – A very configurable set of four stage-style keyboards from the likes of Rhodes, Wurli & Dyno. This app lets you control the finer points of these keyboards. Add tine / bell sounds, grit, pedal sounds, key sounds, pickup sounds.. Grab the free version to try it out!   **Flex tweak available for IAPs

Organs:

Galileo Organ - Fantastic emulation of tonewheel / Hammond-style organs with many options. Professional quality.

Combo Organ Model V - It might only be one organ, but it has the soul of so many 60's hit songs. This is an electric organ (i.e. 'Light My Fire')

Acoustic & Electric Pianos & Organs:

Korg Module for iPad - A fantastic set of classic keyboard instruments! Acoustic pianos, Rhodes, Wurli, Clav, Hammond organs, Synths... With great effects and a simple to use interface.

[[ Korg Module Expansion Packs ]] - This includes the Ivory Grand piano, Wurlie electric piano, PREMIER Vintage Organ and TRITON expansions.

Korg Module for iPhone - an iPhone version, not capable of adding expansion packs.

Drums:

DrumJam – Looking for a full acoustic percussion section? This one is phenomenal. With all real instruments, you can mix different rhythims and patterns, panning and adjusting the volume for each part of the kit and auxillary.. Auto randomization and an easy-to-play strumable pad selection at the bottom. This is a really fun app and very useful.

[[ DrumJam IAP Content ]] - All the additional sample & loop content for DrumJam.

DM1 – Nearly every vintage electronic drum kit and many custom kits are included. DM1 is a drum sequencer and live pad app, with built-in effects controllable with two X/Y pads. One of my favorites.

FunkBox – With a very vintage look, this one has a great selection of classic drum boxes and an easy to use program sequencer. Visually and functionally based on the CR78 drum box. Grab this one!

Diode-108 - Very much like DM1, but includes a great per-instrument, per-step effects module. This one is awesome!

Impaktor – Turns your taps into real drum sounds. Throw on headphones and put your iPhone on a table … you have a set of tablas or a conga at your fingertips.

Patterning - This one is #1 in my book... Fantastic drum sequencing app, easy to use and ultra fun to play with!

Vatanator - So many classic drum machines

Guitar:

OMGuitar - Cool guitar simulator

Steel Guitar - Fun to play steel guitars, with effects and slide bar, by Yonac     **Flex tweak available for IAPs

iFretless Guitar - On-screen fret board with some great guitar sounds and effects.

iFretless Bass -  Same as above, but with bass

Brass / Woodwind:

iFretless Brass - Orchestral brass sounds, played via a guitar fret board

Sax iFretless - Same as above, but with woodwind instruments

Heavy Brass - Superb high-quality horn section.

Sampling:

Samplr – Get it right now. Samplr is just awesome. Take a sample and play it as an instrument, record some drum hits and sequence them with your fingers, play any sound like a bowed instrument, make crazy appregios, built-in effects… Using Samplr to create grooves and loops or full songs is a real joy. This app was my original reason for purchasing an iPad. Get Samplr right away!

SampleWiz – Create unique instruments from a single sound. With different types of grain processing and simple effects, this is a cool app by Jordan Rudess.

Strom – Simple to use sound slicer and sequencer. Good for freaky loops

WerkBench – Record individual sounds and sequence them with effects. Very fun for creating unique beats.

Yellofier – Like WerkBench but different .. Very fun sequencer with auto loop slicing and built-in multieffector.

Effects:

DFX – This is a Kaoss-pad-style 4-pad effects unit that has  circular automation options (you’d have to play with it to understand) . This is my favorite FX app. Easy to use and so many effects packed in. Grab this one.

Effectrix - Cool programmable effects pattern sequencer

Flux:FX – An X/Y based multieffects app with a lot of options. Save presets and create sequences of effects. Very full-featured.

WoW – Cool effecter with envelope following and a ton of options.
          Turnado – This one is over the top. Still haven’t figured it all out. Very intense and feature-packed. Would be great for dubstep-style effects.

Master FX: A suite of basic effects, all on one page. Nice and simple.

Reverb Feedback Delay Network - A nice reverb and delay processor.

LiveFX (FREE): 4 Kaoss-style effects on one pad. Basic A to B automation for each effect. My first effects app used on the iPad, and it is great.  **Flex tweak available for IAPs

Saffron Saturator & Dahlia Delay & Tigerlily Tremolo

SquashIt & Vandelay & R0verb & Svep & Korvpressor

Convolution Effects:

WretchUp - Ruin your sound and loop it!

Kuvert - This is a great effect sequencer...

Amp Simulators:

ToneStack – Excellent app with a nearly unlimited selection of sonic controls. Its like plugging your raw guitar or bass sound into any amp, cab, and effect you could dream of. Stackable and fully MIDI mapable. A great amp sim and effects app.    **Flex tweak available for IAPs

Bias – Get technical with your amp simulation. Modify some of the most intricate details of your amps. You can use it on it’s own or save your mods and import them into ToneStack to add effects as well.

JamUp Pro – Another great amp simulator with many effects. Meant to be used with the JamUp interface.

AmpliTube – The first amp and effects simulator I used on iOS. Has some great tones and effects and is easy to use. Also has a nice multitrack recorder. Latest version has dual mics!   **Flex tweak available for IAPs

Audio Recording & Production:

Final Touch – Final Touch is a mastering suite with EQ, Compression, Dynamics processing and much more. Great for finishing your final mix and dialing it in.

Cubasis – My absolute favorite multitrack recorder for iOS. This one has built in effects, allows multiple inputs at once and has a very low CPU load. Great for cutting and slicing recordings and creating entire mixes and songs.

Meteor – This one is also great at multitrack recording, but I have had many crashes and prefer the workflow of Cubasis.

FourTrack – Simple four track recorder used by Trey from Phish to record simple ideas.

MiMiX – A cool mixer for AudioBus.

Master Record - Excellent tape simulator and recording software

Audio Mastering - A professional high-quality audio mastering environment, by the same people who brought you Master Record. Get this one !!

Step Sequencers:

Xynthesizr – Want to have your iPad create unique patterns based on what you input? This is the one for you. Very cool on its own, but also great for sequencing other apps or MIDI gear. Create ‘rules’ that will modify the input you provide.

StepPolyArp – A cool appregiator that is also MIDI controllable.

MIDI Pattern Sequencer - Great multi channel MIDI sequencer with many options, easy to use!

LittleMIDI (FREE, AppStore link) – Very simple yet useful 4- to 8-bar MIDI sequencer.

Oramics - Originally from 1957, this one involves drawing on 35mm film strips to control the sound. A neat piece. (No AudioBus, its an old app)

dot Melody - Awesome.

Fugue Machine - Create 4-part melodies based on a step sequence.

Genome MIDI Sequencer - Feature-rich step sequencer for MIDI.

Koushion MIDI Step Sequencer - Another MIDI step sequencer with unique abilities.

Thesys - Excellent MIDI step sequencer with built-in synth engine!

Grain Shifting:

Borderlands – Forget all other gain apps and get this one. Absoultely fun to play with and very well put together. One try and you will be hooked.

iDensity – Play your waveform as a bowed instrument with some cool options.

csGrain – A granulizer with built-in and automatable effects. Also can be used with live input, which makes it stand out from the others.

Grain Science – Play your sounds thru effects with many granular possibilities, and a keyboard layout.

Complete Beat Sequencers:

Korg Gadget – Korg has put a ton of Gadgets inside this powerful app. Drum machines, synths, samplers, you name it. A very impressive and easy to understand beat production workstation.  ++Abu Dhabi and Bilabo plugins coming soon++

SampleTank – This has a TON of great sounds, and a simple 4-part pattern sequencer and recorder. Packed with great instruments. Worth its weight just as a pro sound module.

[[ SampleTank Sound Expansions ]] - This unlocks all sound packs (including SonikSynth, SampleMoog & Philharmonik downloadable sound packs!)

BeatHawk – Create beats and melodies with a cool-looking interface.

iMPC Pro – Very similar to the features you find on the MPC samplers, you can create programs and songs by slicing up sounds into pads.

Fiddlewax Pro (now Firo)– An interesting loop-based sequencer with a busy interface. Haven’t quite figured this one out, but it has a lot!

FL Studio Mobile – A trimmed down version of Music Studio with the ImageLine label slapped on top.

Egoist - This one is crazy, haven't really gotten into it yet.

BeatMaker 2 - Excellent full-featured beat creation app, with sample slicing and pad assign, similar to iMPC

FingerBeat - Easy to use beat creation tool for iPhone & iPad. (Still not supported on JB devices)

Some additional notes:

• AUM is the ultimate interface for iOS audio!
  • AudioBus is really a necessity when it comes to running audio between apps. A great front-end and awesome low-latentcy. Use AudioBus Remote to control AudioBus using Bluetooth from another device! Awesome!!      **Flex tweak available for IAPs
  • studiomux and midimux allow you to interface your computer DAW with your iPad.. Check them out!
  • MidiFlow lets you control MIDI routing between apps and hardware      **Flex tweak available for IAPs
  • AudioShare is a must for anyone doing audio on their iPad/iPhone/iPod. It allows conversions, trimming, fading, and transferring between apps & LAN server.
  • Audio Stretch is great for time and pitch shifting audio
  • AudioCopy (FREE, AppStore link) is also a great tool for certain apps that don’t use the standard Audio Clipboard.
  • iLectric and iGrand pianos seem to have an issue when you have too many notes sustained. The app starts to crackle and ends in a wash of fuzz and awful noises until the sustain pedal is let go.
  • Using Bs-16i with SoundFonts is a great alternative to installing a huge sound library. Pick your favorite soundfont files and use Bs-16i to load and play them with MIDI keyboards. Great for iPads with small storage space.
  • Check out iPulsaret and Stria as well :)
  • Most apps have InAppPurchases.. You can use LocalIAPStore to unlock most apps. Load the app, load it's store, then activate LocalIAPStore and return to the app.
  • Some users outside the US AppStore have reported Korg apps not functioning or crashing at startup. This seems to be an issue for Russian users. I am trying to figure this one out. Any Russian users that can help me on this, please PM me or leave a reply below.

I try to provide only the best, most useful audio apps available... For a list of all of my archived audio apps (including ones not listed here) Please see my BexN Apps Collection Page.

Feel free to drop me a message or comment if you have questions, personal opinions or suggestions. Thanks are welcomed too :bye:

Donations are always gladly accepted!!

A special 'Thank You' to all of those who have contributed to the cause:

• @user_hidden - for continued updating of my cracked apps!
  • @lookerjdc - Thanks for your very generous contribution!
  • @justaskdrgiggles - Your help is appreciated
  • @Locophone - not only for your uploads, but your financial donation
  • @hotsjf - the ruler of AppCake and a genuine quality human being
  • @hexass - for providing an excellent service to this great community 
  • @iVivian - Introducing me to Flex
  • @The BroOfTheCentury Inc. - Big help on the forums

Keep the Cake alive!

• hotsjf, Chikipata94, MONGOLO and 15 others like this

Bachitter

Bachitter

Pro Caker

• IC Uploader
  • 178 posts
    • Time Online: 21d 10h 41m 18s
  • Twitter:Add me in ur friend list.
  • LocationUK/ London
  • iDevices Owned:iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPad Air, iMac, iHave a PC, N/A
  • Donations:paypal bachitter_12@hotmail.co.uk

@BexN i like some of them app i have some of them in my iPad air 2

• BexN likes this

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,065 posts
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 4, iPad Air, iMac, iHave a PC

@Bachitter cool man! Im still on iPad 4 and these all work great.

alienopo

alienopo

Quality from Space.

• IC Uploader
  • 8,080 posts
    • Time Online: 93d 17h 33m 16s
  • iDevices Owned:N/A

Amazing work mate.

Could i share it to my site ? (Translate to another language)

I`ll add credits of course.:)

• BexN likes this

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,065 posts

@alienopo feel free to share! :)  thats what the Cake is all about
Thanks buddy

• hotsjf and alienopo like this

alienopo

alienopo

Quality from Space.

• IC Uploader
  • 8,080 posts
    • Time Online: 93d 17h 33m 16s
  • iDevices Owned:N/A

@BexN

Thanks. I don`t even know that there`s is that much music apps.:)

• BexN likes this

hotsjf

hotsjf

7 years in scene

• Admin
  • 7,697 posts
    • Time Online: 195d 1h 3m 3s
  • Twitter:@iphonecake_com
  • LocationUSA
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac
  • Most used iOS:iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8
Great collection! Pinned in Release section!
  • BexN likes this

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,065 posts

@hotsjf Thanks for pinning and moving this topic ! I appreciate that ! :music:

Hope others can benefit from my cracks and info :nyam:

• hotsjf likes this

spa

spa

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 30m 23s
  • Twitter:sumit
  • Locationferozepur
  • Facebook:sumit.atwal10@gmsil.com
thnx
  • BexN likes this

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,065 posts
Hope you make some sweet sounds @spa

Zakwilko

Zakwilko

Getting Known

• IC Member
  • 15 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 45m 21s
  • Twitter:zakwilko
Thanks for this! I am so spoilt for choice now haha. Keep up the good work mate.
  • BexN likes this

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,065 posts

Hope you find the app or apps that work for you @Zakwilko !
Just purchased & updated DrumJam & Funkbox .. and added iPulsaret & Stria .. Enjoy!

• darkelfdvr likes this

reynaldo

reynaldo

Fresh Newbie

• IC Lurker
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 18m 9s
  • Locationindonesia
Thanks..
Thats cool app.
May You upload Harmonywiz ? I need that app.
Thanks before
  • BexN likes this

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,065 posts

Hey @reynaldo , thanks for checking out the list!

I don't feel this app Harmonywiz is worth $10USD , but you can request it here

• hotsjf and MONGOLO like this

lookerjdc

lookerjdc

Pro Caker

• iPASTORE
  • 144 posts
  • iDevices Owned:iPod Classic, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini with Retina, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac

excellent collection!!

• BexN likes this

cleohatcher1996

cleohatcher1996

Caker

• IC Member
  • 56 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 11m 51s
wow!!! Just want to say thank you! What an amazing collection of music making tools! Having fun pushing my iPad to the limit ⚡️

I could not possibly ask any more from you, after offering such an extensive collection! But if I was to suggest a couple of apps I'd be curious to try....

AudioReverb and Harmony Voice by VirSyn look very interesting to me as a singer. Also, AD480 Pro is meant to be a pretty sweet reverb.

I've also been trying Auria by WaveMachine labs, a full featured audio multitrack system. It's on Appcake, but an older version.
  • BexN likes this

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,065 posts

@lookerjdc Thanks man! I really appreciate the donations as well ! You are great :)

@cleohatcher1996 It's great to hear nice feedback on the work that I do for you guys, really means a lot. I'm always on the lookout for new and useful audio apps and tools, so keep the ideas coming!

Check out Reverb - Feedback Delay Network (https://www.iphoneca...950600083_.html), another app I cracked that is not on the list above. It is pretty tasty!

Here is my Uploader page, for the most recent music apps, when I don't have time to update this topic :) (https://www.iphonecake.com/page/BexN)

Also, Auria is nice, but Cubasis is really the #1 for multitrack & MIDI in my experience.. Try it out if you haven't! You can always ask the original cracker of any app for an update via PM on here, most are very quick to respond!

Keep making noise !!! :music:

carioni

carioni

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 8 posts
    • Time Online: 52m 22s
  • Locationbrazil
  • Facebook:andrecarioni
Thanks bexn for compiling such a list. Some is in my toolbox already, some dont! Let me add one app, named GALILEO ORGAN from yonac inc. A great great app for hammong organ players!

Thank you all for the efforts
  • BexN likes this

BexN

BexN

Make Music Forever

• IC Uploader
  • 1,065 posts

@carioni thanks for checking these out! I have & use Galileo Organ when I perform live, the BexN crack is here on AppCake, but I did not add it to this list. There are many more apps not included in this list... I was just pointing out my favorites, and overlooked is one! Thanks :) Keep making music!!

carioni

carioni

Fresh Newbie

• IC Member
  • 8 posts
    • Time Online: 52m 22s
  • Locationbrazil
  • Facebook:andrecarioni
Oh, so you are a musician, how great, im feeling more at home now here with you. Sorry didnt wanna bother you with my opinions. Bexn let me ask you if you know korg im1 app...this recreation of korgs m1 synth from the eighties! I cant find im1 anywhere....any hints? Thanks in advance
  • BexN likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MIDI, music, audio producti, effects, beats