BetterZip V 3.0.1
- BetterZip can create archives with these formats: ZIP, TAR, TGZ, TBZ, TXZ (new), 7-ZIP, and — using the external commandline utility — RAR.
- The new Direct Mode lets you add files to archives without additional steps like saving. This is especially useful for large archives. You can also directly delete files from archives, rename files inside an archive, and move them around – all without recompressing.
- Have BetterZip remove Mac specific files from archives for archives that look and behave well on Windows.
- Edit archived files in an external application and BetterZip can update your archive.
- BetterZip can currently open and extract over 30 archive formats including: ZIP, TAR, TGZ, TBZ, TXZ (new), 7-ZIP, RAR, Apple Disk Images (DMG), TNEF (winmail.dat), ARJ, LHA, LZH, ISO, CHM, CAB, CPIO/CPGZ, DEB, RPM, StuffIt's SIT, BinHex, MacBinary, ePub, JAR/WAR/EAR/SAR/PAR/WSR Java archives, CBZ/CBR e-books, GZip, BZip2, WIM.
- BetterZip can also join split files with enumerated file extensions 001, 002, ...
- New: Open and extract winmail.dat files.
- New: Open, extract, and quick look Apple disk images (dmg files).
- Open, extract, and modify ePub files. BetterZip is not a replacement for a real ePub editor, but since ePub files are really just special zip files, why not use BetterZip to peek into or even modify them.